Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air-bag dash light

Allan E

Monza
Since I have started using my car again the air-bag light stays illuminated for approx 30-40 seconds then goes out. It does this even after a prolonged run and then the car is re-started. Any ideas would be appreciated as to what a possible cause could be. It could be, or I should say would be a problem when the car is due it's mot later on.

Allan E said:
Since I have started using my car again the air-bag light stays illuminated for approx 30-40 seconds then goes out. It does this even after a prolonged run and then the car is re-started. Any ideas would be appreciated as to what a possible cause could be. It could be, or I should say would be a problem when the car is due it's mot later on.

Have you a RS steering wheel or the stock airbag wheel ?
If former, then its a faulty resistor, if latter- then :dont know:

Standard steering wheel, however I did come across comments on-line relating to a 'duff" battery causing this problem. I did replace the battery but that was two years ago and this issue has only occurred in the last 2-3 months.

Standard steering wheel, however I did come across comments on-line relating to a 'duff" battery causing this problem. I did replace the battery but that was two years ago and this issue has only occurred in the last 2-3 months.

I had this issue many years ago when I was in Kuwait. I took the car to OPC Kuwait and they fixed it by simply changing the bulb. It was as easy as that. It might be worth a try :dont know: and a cheap fix if it works.

Good luck :thumb:

ATB :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911drog
Back