Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Aero kit front spoiler grills

Nattyboy

Nurburgring
Forgive me if his has been covered..I did do a quick search honest !

I have just had new rads on the car when I collected it and they look amazingly vulnerable. Ive looked into a mesh kit but they seem crazy money ! Ive done my own (albeit smaller) grills on my ducati which I epoxied on, but I could only find gold or silver. My question is, has anyone found a source of black mesh, and fitted themselves ? If so how did they secure it. How do the proper kits get secured ?

cheers
Nat

You are right to think about protecting your rads. I think GT4 did a DIY on his previous aerokitted 996 by simply going to Halfords, B&Q or somesuch, buying the mesh and then just cutting it to fit. For the rest of us less dab-handed, we just bought the kits from ZunSport. They might do a 997 GT3 kit for which would fit your car. If you do take the latter route, drop me a PM as I may be able to get a 20% discount for you as I did a group buy from them in 2011.

See here:

http://www.zunsport.com/porsche-9971-gt3-front-grille-set-p263

~ Maxie

Nattyboy said:
Forgive me if his has been covered.. I did do a quick search honest !

:hand: It must have been very quick.

Try using the word 'mesh' and author = GT4 and you'll have dozens of threads come up.

The best one is also a sticky in the FAQ's.

Here >> http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=51912

:cop:

They look great maxie - how do they secure to the bumper ? Im quite happy with he DIY option if I can find a good enough mesh in black but don't really want to be slapping epoxy on the PU. Does the PU come off pretty easy ?

I'm not sure how these particular grilles would fit on to an aerokitted car; I can only speak for my own non-aero car. For my 4S, I had to drill two small holes into the front PU and then coerced the grilles in. It took me about 30 mins to do (most of that time I was procrastinating about the drilling) but they look very OEM now.

If you do go for the Zunsport, I would recommend the black grilles as the silver ones (pictured on the website) look very after-market imo.

~ Maxie

I like the look of those Zunsport ones in black also, might have to get me a set! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back