Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice on replacing the 24mm nut on the tensioner pulley

Mac68

Nurburgring
After finding advice, in a few threads, about replacing bearings instead of entire pulleys, I thought I'd have a go at the replacing the bearing in my idler pulley and refurbing the steel pulley at the same time.

I only ordered one (FAG) bearing to see how far I'd get but as it was a success I have decided to replace them all. I've ordered two SKF bearings for the other pulleys.

I had a bit of wobble when using my hammer and socket about the amount of force I had to get the old bearing out but it did budge :)

I wonder if they're original, my car is 2004 and it's only 130K miles?

I spotted that the 24mm nut for the tensioner is starting to round off so I think I should replace it but I can't see it as spare part only part of the entire pulley.

Any ideas how I could obtain one?

If anybody has one lying around I'll happily buy it.

Thanks

Before/After pic
before-after-pulley.jpg

24mm nut
24mm-nut.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave87930
Back