Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advanced Driver Training with MSV

PolarExpress

Banned
I came across this, and wondered if anyone else here would be interested in signing up for it. Being run by MSV, I would expect it to be of decent quality, and the schedule seems to offer a total of 3hrs one-to-one tuition apart from the unlimited lapping and classroom tuition. You use both their car (VX220) and also your own car.

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/trackdays/event-details.asp?ProductID=2546

What do people think? Good idea/unnecessary/expensive? I'm sure we can organise a discount with them if enough of us book.

If the date is not suitable, they will probably have other dates later in the year.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104759

Ade,

I'd be interested in some specific training, maybe a course designed specifically for the 3 and other 911 variants would be a better idea?

Am sure given their offroad moments at Bedford that Sunny and Daz would be interested.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104774

Driver training for specifically 911s by the likes of John Lyons (HPC) and Bernard Aubry tend to focus more on on-road fast driving. They are also significantly more expensive as they will "build you up" over several sessions - all on-road.

Quite a few of the instructors have significant experience driving 911s - I know I benefitted a lot from one of the MSV instructors at Oulton Park back in March . It's worth saying that the GT3 is no different from any other 2wd 911 other than it is faster and doesn't have driver aides to rescue.

But let me keep checking on 911-specific training and to see if there are any alternatives to HPC and Bernard Aubry...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104781

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 30 December 2006

I came across this, and wondered if anyone else here would be interested in signing up for it. Being run by MSV, I would expect it to be of decent quality, and the schedule seems to offer a total of 3hrs one-to-one tuition apart from the unlimited lapping and classroom tuition. You use both their car (VX220) and also your own car.
http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/trackdays/event-details.asp?ProductID=2546
What do people think? Good idea/unnecessary/expensive? I'm sure we can organise a discount with them if enough of us book.If the date is not suitable, they will probably have other dates later in the year.

the Ghost of Eff has done that course......

well you know me always interested in learning

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104830

If we end up doing another Llandow type day, surely amongst all our connections we should be able to sort out a good quality instructor for the day also? Which if we wrote off across the day would be good value?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104853

I do a lot of work with pro race instructors, would you like me to find out if any have 911 experience (which I'm sure at least one has) and would be interested?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104870

Would be great Wattie to find out how much they would charge for a whole day. If not too expensive, it's always possible to share the cost of an instructor by hour slots.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104918

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Wattie on 30 December 2006

I do a lot of work with pro race instructors, would you like me to find out if any have 911 experience (which I'm sure at least one has) and would be interested?
hopefully we might have our own 911uk trackday in the spring at somewhere central'ish.......... watch this space

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104921

Ok, sounds good, SD, will check with a few contacts but might be able to sort a GT3 Cup driver if enough interest.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104931

I am happy to share my top tips :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104946

given enough notice.... I might be able to get one or two Porsche racing drivers along....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104948

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 31 December 2006

Stayin on the tarmac is wot we had in mind Stu, but thanks for the offer :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 104949

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 31 December 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 31 December 2006

Stayin on the tarmac is wot we had in mind Stu, but thanks for the offer :D