Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Adios

Zorro

Montreal
Well after the Cayenne went last year I have now sold the 993. It was a lovely car, but really just an ornament these days. 5,000 miles in six years doesn't do the car justice.

I'm in my 70's now and don't need 160mph or track days and the Tesla is working just fine for me. It's strange being without a 911 for the first time in 35 years though.

I expect I'll look in on the forum periodically and I'm looking forward to a run down to Le Mans 24 heures in something interesting with a friend. Not at 130mph on the two lane N138 this time.

:bye:

Don't be a stranger.

Enjoy your Tesla motoring, hopefully you'll be back in a Porsche one day, maybe a Taycan!

Farewell Zorro. I had visions of your 993 being passed on to your son Nathan. I have fond memories of the tour in 2016 when you (plus Nathan riding shotgun) and a group of fellow 993 owners participated in the 993 tour to Stuttgart, Dinslaken & back.

I would say that most of that group have now moved on to other car experiences now and with these cars getting older now I doubt that many of the current owners would take on the challenge of travelling that far....

All the best Zorro!

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=111995&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

:bye:

LondonRob said:
Farewell Zorro. I had visions of your 993 being passed on to your son Nathan. I have fond memories of the tour in 2016 when you (plus Nathan riding shotgun) and a group of fellow 993 owners participated in the 993 tour to Stuttgart, Dinslaken & back.

I would say that most of that group have now moved on to other car experiences now and with these cars getting older now I doubt that many of the current owners would take on the challenge of travelling that far....

All the best Zorro!

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=111995&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I've added the link for you Rob'. :thumb:

I'm travelling with two 993s to Stuttgart and Dinslaken this year.

LondonRob said:

All the best Zorro!

That was indeed a good trip. I remember HPNer flashing past us on the autobahn when we were cruising around 125mph.
The offer was there for Nathan, but living in London he has less opportunity to get something out of the car than I did.
I just wish a Taycan was a bit smaller for the lanes around here.

The new EV Cayman sized car is due 2025... will be a cracker I reckon.

Robertb said:
The new EV Cayman sized car is due 2025... will be a cracker I reckon.

Waiting for the Macan EV 8)

Sad to hear you've sold the 993, but best of luck. Here's a pic from the tour that Rob mentioned. Happy Days!

Attachments

• nathan_and_nathans_dad_212.jpg
    nathan_and_nathans_dad_212.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 1,952
Tobesetc said:
Sad to hear you've sold the 993, but best of luck. Here's a pic from the tour that Rob mentioned. Happy Days!

Good picture. Who's that fat bloke in the red, I've lost two and a half stone since then.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V164
Back