Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

adding a standard spoiler in place of an Aerokit one

bingbongbing

Silverstone
so.. if you had a car that was factory specced with a boot spoiler(fixed) but wanted to add the standard one, is it even possible? I know the cars with the factory fixed spoiler are missing even the switch!

Year ago I had a Targa with a fixed tear spoiler than never quite looked right

But I was told is it impossible/ very expensive as the loom on the car is different,
Think speed sensor for the movable spoiler
plus the light on the speedo etc

its got most of the gubbins under the spoiler it seems

NNt3HnF.jpg

so they'll be a rear loom needed, I'd guess the main loom in the car is the same?

bingbongbing said:
its got most of the gubbins under the spoiler it seems

NNt3HnF.jpg

so they'll be a rear loom needed, I'd guess the main loom in the car is the same?

Is this the lid with the fixed wing on it ?

I looked at 993 recently with fixed wing the owner stated he has the standard parts but on inspection there were lots of parts missing to take back to original.

But I do like the aero 1 kit on a 993.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnZsGOo6Wi8

Look at your option codes.....
Mine had X61 & X62, which is the Aerokit, but because the option code is an 'X' it means it was fitted at the dealers as part of the 'Exclusive' package.
In theory, that will mean the original stuff should still be in place.
Mine certainly has the loom, control unit and warning light - and when I bought the car it actually had a standard engine lid fitted and the fixed wing was in a box!

AndyS said:
Look at your option codes.....
Mine had X61 & X62, which is the Aerokit, but because the option code is an 'X' it means it was fitted at the dealers as part of the 'Exclusive' package.
In theory, that will mean the original stuff should still be in place.
Mine certainly has the loom, control unit and warning light - and when I bought the car it actually had a standard engine lid fitted and the fixed wing was in a box!

X's are factory, not dealer fit option codes

mark pearce said:
X's are factory, not dealer fit option codes

Do you know, I always thought 'X' was dealer fit - but it makes absolute sense now you mention it and I think about it....
I've also got loads of extended leather 'X' codes, and those won't have been fitted at a dealer :?

.....I feel a bit daft now :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dicreamio
Back