Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Accelerator Foot Plate

Roger Britt

Hi I have a broken foot plate on the accelerator of my 2002 C4 3.6 Tiptronic. Does anyone know if the plastic plate is available without buying the complete accelerator unit? :?:

I don't think so. I believe the throttle pedal is sold as one unit. Consider getting a used one from a breakers.

Also worth considering depending on how the foot plate is broken, are metal pedals. For the brake and clutch these replace the rubber covers. For the accelerator they screw into the existing plastic footplate.

Foot Plate

The plate has been damaged in the past in that the socket mount on the reverse of the plate has been cracked and glued. This causes the ball not to be retained in the socket. I have a search out for a used unit and foot plate.

I believe this could be a fairly common problem especially with big feet and leggy driver's. Must be a joke out their somewhere. Heading towards the back wall of the garage hairy!

:damn:

Had this is my 996tt

got a used complete unit of ebay for £40.

but only used the pedal and bits, much easier to do as you don't have to dismantle the dash.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hetryx
Back