Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

AAAAAAAAAAH

noony

Mugello
Just went down to AFN Reading in the 996(nice drive on the way too) to have a look round.

I wasn't ready for what I was about to see-996 GT1 raced in lemans, 550 spyder, 356 of some sort, 996 GT3, GT2, Turbos, 2 40th anniversary cars, C4S's....

Didn't have a camera.

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11897

DRIVE OVER to Enfield I'll lend you mine if you take me with you .....er to see the cars I should add.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11899

I knew you'd respond Bones! :D
It was a 98 btw. Is your car working?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11900

No Noony No....that could be a song.....the car won't be on the road for some months yet, haven't even got the engine out yet but I've tracked down a gearbox and linkage. I wish these Porsche centres would tell Porsche Post or 911 and Porsche world when these historic Porsches will be in their showrooms. I went into my 'local ' Hatfield Porsche dealer some time ago and there was a 917 sat there!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11901

If you're thinking about going(and do-probably once in a lifetime opportunity to see a GT1 and 550) I'll tell you how to get there, and could meet you as long as you did it before xmas eve.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11902

I think it's unlikely before Xmas but thanks anyway.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11903

I emailed them asking for pics-if they dont send I'll get mum to take me down.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11904

That is a good plan Noony

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11905

Here's the reply :wink:

Hi JohnathanThank you for your e mail and interest in our display cars. I would be happyto get some photos for you and will forward this to Rees Flynn our coordinator who will be happy to arrange. He is skiing until the 29th and I amsure he will forward them to you soon after.If you are interested in purchasing a car please do not hesitate to contactany of the sales team at your convenienceMay I take this opportunity to wish you a great Christmas and prosperous newYearKind regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11908

so noony, you interested in purchasing the GT1?? perhaps a christmas present for yourself? only a few (x100 000) quid.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11910

It's not for sale unfortunately. Too unpractical anyway, only room for one. I'd prefer the cobalt blue GT3 they had. Just need to persuade dad now. BTW do you want some pics of what the final version of the 997 will look like, as you're on the list?

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11911

They've take my avatar away :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11912

I'd like to see the 997 pics. Good that Reading replied so positively to you over the pics.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11913

Bad pic, but this is it:

83100590.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11914

Well if that truly is it and not a P'shop mock up , I Iike it , it owes a lot to the 993 and is what they should have done in the firstplace.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11916

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back