Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A Wheel Question..

Simon W

Barcelona
Hi,
Thinking about 19's on my C4S.
Have been speaking with a supplier I like - he has suggested the following, and wanted to sanity check with you lot - the glitterati of 996 technical know-how....

Wheel sizes: 19"x 8J ET50 / 19" x 11J ET45;

Tire size: 225/35 R19 & 295/25 R19.

My question is mainly around the effect on:
Ride comfort?
Offsets seem correct?
Tyre sizes / speedo recalibration (needed or not...?)
The only manufacturer of the rears sizes seems to be Michelin. Does anyone know of any other makers? They are eye wateringly expensive in that size.

Thanks peeps...

You could go 285.25.19 as well, that may open up more options? You'd have to check.

What suspension have you got on the 4S now? Do you not find it quite firm for UK roads?

Personally I wouldn't, I think the back end in particular would be horrible if you're on stock suspension. I also think every 996 I have seen on 19s doesn't look that good either, but that is just personal preference.

Offsets look fine, although the fronts with a 50mm offset will sit in the arch a bit, like the oem wheels do now. I run a 15mm spacer up front, so that gives me an offset of 35mm.
I don't have a widebody so can't comment on rear wheel sizes, that is the oem offset and width, so I would be wondering if again you would be better having a 15mm lower offset as many put on 15mm spacers all round.

What wheels are you considering?

My main worry would be weight as well, another 2 kilo on each corner could ruin the car. You won't know that until you drive it.

Speedo will be fine, he has dropped the sidewall ratio to account for the bigger wheel.

Thanks for your reply.
It's standard OEM suspension, and
Def 285 would open more options - and wouldn't be a problem fitting that to the suggested rim you think?
Have been inspired by these wheels - just love the look of them....

Wheel-2.jpg

Wheel-1.jpg

I’m pondering adding 19”s to my C4S too. My rear tires are on their way out anyway so seems like a good time to do it.

I’d like to go with 295.30’s on the rear as I don’t like the skinny sidewall look of 25s. I think 30’s should be fine? I’ve seen a few 996 C4S’s use that

Tire price wise, Michelin 4S 295.30.19” are £309 each on BlackCircles.com (with a discount code). It’s around about the same price as the 18” versions, if not slightly cheaper

they look good but the ride especially on uk roads will be shocking, literally !!

Running 19s is not that bad at all. Ask if anyone locally has some fitted to get a ride and see for yourself. I run 235/35/19 and 285/30/19 on my c2

Running 19s is not that bad at all. Ask if anyone locally has some fitted to get a ride and see for yourself. I run 235/35/19 and 285/30/19 on my c2
im on 18s i think thats the sweet spot for me also c2 i like the looks and comfort combine, them wheels above on that c4s look great though i think the wide body can carry it off a bit better.

997.1 C2S and C4S come on 19s as standard don’t they? Although also PASM as standard so suspension compliance probably designed around it.

im on 18s i think thats the sweet spot for me also c2 i like the looks and comfort combine, them wheels above on that c4s look great though i think the wide body can carry it off a bit better.
yeah its all personal preference at the end of the day. I love the look on mine but I'm changing again to 18 OZ for weight saving. (4th set of alloys I've had on mine)

Damo996 - you're running 285/30 at the rear? I've been advised that with the wheels I'm looking at, I'll need the 295/25 for a perfect fitment. Do you think that's not right..?

I was advised on these tyre sizes as there very close to each other so would not give issues with the pcm etc

IMG_0286.png

Just my tuppence worth but the C4S does suit a 19" rim . Recently fitted some 19" 997 turbo style but decided against it as my 99 non aero C4 just looked odd.
Decided to refurb my split rims and fit new pilot sport 5's and love it.
1000008636.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZACal
Back