Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A squeak when cold....

beejay993

Trainee
Looking for a bit of advise guys, my car seems to have developed a slight squeaking noise when cold, it's not overly noisy, but a pain in the but. Initially I thought it was a dry belt type noise they went away when heated up, basically 1 minute after driving it goes away, however it's not a belt. It's only when initially pulling away, above say 5 mph it goes and its not constant, basically just when finding the bite on the clutch, or slightly revving the engine. New clutch fitted 1000 miles ago and it's just appeared now so I don't think it's related to that.

I'm beginning to think it's a vibration or rattle, possibly a heat shield???

I know this this is pretty non descript, just wondered if anyone had any advise as to what I could check...

After a bit of investigation work it turns out its actually one of the tail pipes that is resonating when cold, as soon as there is some heat in the exhaust it dissapears. Is there any way you can tighten up the fixings etc or brace the tail pipes to prevent this annoying noise! Anyone else had this ?

beejay993 said:
After a bit of investigation work it turns out its actually one of the tail pipes that is resonating when cold, as soon as there is some heat in the exhaust it dissapears. Is there any way you can tighten up the fixings etc or brace the tail pipes to prevent this annoying noise! Anyone else had this ?

Hi, worth checking where you have a loose bolt, easy enough to do, but a pain to find unless you have a ramp! otherwise when really cold my car does make strange noises, if it goes away when warmed up then all is well ! cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hetryx
Back