Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A frames and fog lamps!

keith2874

Hello all,

The bushes in the front lower wishbones of my 1995 c2 are shot - as far as i'm aware I can deal with this in one of 3 ways:

1/ Replace lower wishbones with Original parts

2/ Replace wishbones with RS wishbones

3/ Replace bushes with aftermarket polybushes and keep existing wishbones

What is the best way forward? I'm planning to get MO30 springs and bilstein HD dampers fitted at the same time. The car is my daily driver although I may do the odd track day. And who should I get to do the geo afterwards? Either midlands or south of england areas?

Also, I need a new drivers side front fog light as mine is cracked. Does anyone have a used one they want to sell so I avoid being chinned by the OPC?

Any help/ advice much appreciated

Regards

Keith

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112795

Keith

Get the RS wishbones as they suit the M030 Springs and HD shocks better and they are virtually the same except for the actual rubber being slightly harder

Price wise the RS wishbones are just a few pounds more, OPC supplied on both only.

Note, with that set up also need to upgrade to M030 anti-roll bars, which complete the package and make the ultimate difference

I did look at the Poly bushes on my old 993 but the extra cost of labour makes it virually the same price, on top of that reviews seem to be split on poly bushes.

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112807

Hi,

I noted that Hartech are nw offering rebushed wishbones on exchange. I got the info from a Hartech thread on Pistonheads.

pp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113985

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Pickled Piper on 01 February 2007

Hi,

I noted that Hartech are nw offering rebushed wishbones on exchange. I got the info from a Hartech thread on Pistonheads.

pp
not a bad idea as I binned my old ones !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114002

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Pickled Piper on 01 February 2007

Hi,

pp

any idea of the price of the rebushed ones...........swapped my old back boxes for a pair of C4 wishbones that were picked up on an inspection as needing replaced,tho there doesn't seem to be much wrong with them

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114008

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul J
Back