Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A few 993 parts I'm After...

Daniel

Donnington
Hi,

I am after a few parts for my 1996 993, -

Dont mind if the parts are used, and in near mint cond.

A front windscreen (with top tint)-

The light panel(says PORSCHE) that is between the rear lights (mine has gone dull) -

Techart front fogs with brake air intake's-

Thanks,

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30767

I Guess no one is selling stuff !

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30794

:(

I just replaced my rear reflector - got a new one from Design 911 in the end for £220ish. I reckon they all go a bit shabby eventually where the rain gets in...

BTW - Design 911 - they're a right bundle of laughs on the phone aren't they? :eek: :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30797

I really don't like them....

Their product knowledge isn't very good and their attitude is really irritating...They don't even admit they're wrong when they are.

I have bought wheels from them in the past with incorrect offsets and I won't use them again. They said I should have the wheels slanted or something!!

Alot of parts they sell are supposed to be OEM when in actual fact, they aren't!

I would buy from an OPC and if you're a PCGB member, you'll get 10% off the price anyway. That's what I did 2 years ago and they fitted it while I waited at Hatfield OPC.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30799

Just a thought, can the rear light be removed and given a really good clean and polish inside and out? Might be worth giving it a try before shelling out...

Tech9 up in Liverpool sell techart stuff- may be able to help.

Do you have windscreen cover on your Insurance? Surprising how often I hear of unfortunate incidents of folk fetching a hammer from the shelf in their garage which is over the car's windscreen and, well you know the rest...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30801

That's a good idea, but I think it's a sealed unit and with age it fades really badly. It really makes a big difference when you renew it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30803

You can't get inside it to clean it out - and you'll cut your fingers up trying. Ask me how I know? :evil:

Just get a new one...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30806

I tried to clean the inside of mine through the bulb hole as water had gotten inside and made the reverse light green. I ended up taking all the silver reflective coating off and had to get a new one. I got mine from Carnewall for £250

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30814

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel Sait on 29 June 2005

The light panel(says PORSCHE) that is between the rear lights (mine has gone dull) -

Techart front fogs with brake air intake's-
Daniel

for these 2.. keep an eye on ebay.. as they do appear now and again.... seem about 3 of each in the last year or so.....

otherwise new from techart (from tech9) and painted cost me £800 ! a year ago :eek:

most other places sell the Turbo S style Oil coolers.. i.e. without the hose or fittings they ain't brake coolers !

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30815

Thanks for that Robert Bill, but there is nothing wrong with my screen, its just I have been told that when I have a small bit of rust done at the bottom of my screen, when taking the screen out to do it, they can break !!

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30816

I saw yours in Poole Sundeep, and think they look cool 8)
!

When I get a set, what happens to my side lights ?

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30818

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel Sait on 30 June 2005

I saw yours in Poole Sundeep, and think they look cool 8)
!

When I get a set, what happens to my side lights ?

Dan
I sold mine on ebay for £100 !

so when you replace items consider the net cost !

BUT if you do get a set.......

remember if you get the full coolin kit then it will be another £2-300 to fit if you go the whole hog.... i.e you have to take the bumper off to fit the ducting etc

but if you just still fit the front sections and leave all the hosing.. which is a DIY job.... and the benefit there is additional Oil cooling as in the Turbo S....

which means ... TRACK DAYS !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30884

When did you sell yours ?

and the side lights ?

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30890

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j44k-dv