Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo recall: WD04

isysman

Daytona
Took my car to Porsche Wilmslow yesterday for some work and they informed me there is a recall on all 997 Turbos: WD04 - Reworking Routing of Exhaust Temperature SensorWire

They said it was either a 10 minute job or an engine out job. On inspection they have decided my engine needs to come out as have 70% of all cars they've checked.

If you have one then I'd suggest a call to your OPC.

Perfect opportunity to have the plugs etc done at cost price then!

Result!

Is that gen1 or gen2 ?

Thx will contact my OPC
:)

Is this recall definitely all Gen 1 cars?

My care seems to be in a grey area as it is a 2009 Gen1. I asked the question of my OPC, when booking the car in for other work, and received a pretty mixed response that didn't exactly inspire confidence. Initial thoughts were its a Gen 2 so not necessary, and then only up to 2008 required. :dont know:

When I checked with OPC, it was for Gen 1 cars, booked for the job.

Got a phone back that mine was already fixed in the recent past. :?

It is apparently 1 1/2 hr labour or so, no need for getting the engine down. :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back