Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo and Child Seats

Lucozade

Well-known member
Joined
20 Jan 2009
Messages
63
Hey all,

I've hit 40 so feel it's time to buy a Porsche :D

To help justify the purchase to the misses I just need to know what child seats will fit in a 997 Turbo 08 plate and will I need to remove the seat backs.

Thanks in advance.
 
Tell her that the child seats don't fit at all, buy the car and use it to escape the clan when the screaming gets too much!!!!!
 
Stating the obvious but the only option is to try them out at a store having learned from experience. Plenty of seats were recommended on different forums and they all fitted, but some were better than others so it really is a personal choice.

Ashley
 
athomp04 said:
Stating the obvious but the only option is to try them out at a store having learned from experience. Plenty of seats were recommended on different forums and they all fitted, but some were better than others so it really is a personal choice.

Ashley

Thanks Ashley, I've not bought the car yet. The purchased hinges on the usability factor. I think I might be trying to tick too many boxes!
 
I have a 3,5 year old and a 16 month old. The former is in a John Lewis booster as, by weight, that's all he needs. Latter is in a Britax forward facer. Both fit fine in the rear of my 997 C2 without removing seat backs.

I fear your 11 month old will need rear facing and that's a front seat only job, with the airbag deactivator.

G
 
I do the school run and nursery pick up and both kids (6 & 3) fit just fine!
 
Also depends on your height TBH, as I wouldn't see mine as a practical proposition if I had two kids to consider.

I'm 6'3 and have my seat all the way back, so not much room behind.
 
I just got the Porsche child seat. As the seat is rather on the big side you need to move the front seat quite a bit forward.

PM me if you still looking. My turbo is for sale.
 
Thanks everyone, I put a deposit on a 997 turbo 07 plate yesterday.

Should take delivery next week.

I spoke with a Porsche dealer who advised I'd need an airbag deactivation kit and isofix system fitted to the front seat - I thought airbag deactivation was standard on 997?

Still looking for recommendations for a forward facing seat for the rear (not Porsche as it's just too big and it's also only ISOFIX which makes it huge).
 
Airbag deactivation was a build option but it can be (expensively) retrofitted. Obviously this is not required for the rear seats, but you can't fit an isofix seat (with big bulky base) back there either. There have always been a number of options for forward facing seats that will fit in the back, but as has been previously suggested your best bet is to head to somewhere like halfords, toys r us, m&p etc who will have a range of chairs for you to try out...
 
chimp911 said:
Airbag deactivation was a build option but it can be (expensively) retrofitted. Obviously this is not required for the rear seats, but you can't fit an isofix seat (with big bulky base) back there either. There have always been a number of options for forward facing seats that will fit in the back, but as has been previously suggested your best bet is to head to somewhere like halfords, toys r us, m&p etc who will have a range of chairs for you to try out...

Cheers.

I understand the point but I'm just trying to hit the ground running otherwise the nursery run will be a nightmare for a while while I find time to go to Halfords.

Never mind it was worth a try.
 
The Porsche seat can go in the back secured by the seat belt. It is big though - I have to have the front passenger seat fully forward - luckily the wife is ok with this.

Ron
 
rpm said:
The Porsche seat can go in the back secured by the seat belt. It is big though - I have to have the front passenger seat fully forward - luckily the wife is ok with this.

Ron
Same here!!
A couple of years ago I asked all these questions... Look for my posts on the subject. Includes pics etc

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=35479&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I ended up with the official Porsche seat, was the best fit!!
Now I needed the next age up...
 

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
123,990
Messages
1,436,086
Members
48,361
Latest member
YJY
Back
Top