Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 gt3rs wheel carriers for ceramic brakes

adrian993

Spa-Francorchamps
Hello gurus..

I’m contemplating an OEM upgrade for a 997gt3rs from steels to ceramics.

Apart from a different rotor/pads, am also seeing different part numbers for the front wheel carriers, and calipers. Would anyone be able to know why the wheel carriers are different for the fronts if running ceramic brakes?

Calipers are they a different design or are the part numbers different simply from color?

Cheers

When you say straight swap does that mean the wheel carriers need to be changed too or not?

Whilst I’m sure the surface transform kit is likely superior I’m trying to maintain the OEM-ness

What generation is it?
On gen 1 the hub carries are different because the brake calliper sit in a different location from steel to ceramic

997 gen 1 rs

Thanks for the news about the caliper location - that’s key!

Also the ceramic callipers have different size pistons and the securing bolt holes within the callipers are a different dimensions

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewberden
Back