Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT2 RS in action in Top Gear USA

wizard993

Top Gear shuts down LA for Drag Race! - Porsche 911 GT2 RS

Tanner Foust takes the Porsche 911 GT2 RS for a spin in the closed streets of LA, culminating in a drag race against - classic muscle car - the Chevy Nova, and the Dodge Viper SRT10. Which show could achieve that? Only Top Gear USA!

:thumb:

Now thats a Novelty ..... a Top Gear host who can actually control a car well !! This guy can drive !!
Might be a good idea for the UK team to take some lessons from him .... or anyone who can actually drive well.......I am sick of watching the Clarkosn taem losing control of their cars on track and not managing to catch it before they come to a premature stop.....

Tanner is a very capable driver. He's won Formula Drift in the USA twice, and is very successful in Xgames, so handles a bit of oversteer well.

Jason Plato drove one on (a repeat) of Fifth Gear last week. He can drive too :thumb:

Yup, the boy can drive...yesterday in the new Top Gear
USA series, he manages 165mph driving through the
Eisenhower memorial tunnel in Colorado, in a McLaren
MP24 (And it was bumpy !). :thumb:

Roadrunner996 said:
Jason Plato drove one on (a repeat) of Fifth Gear last week. He can drive too :thumb:

As can Tiff :thumb: Better drivers on 5th Gear imo but Top Gear hard to beat for entertainment value.

~ Maxie

Maxie said:
Roadrunner996 said:

As can Tiff :thumb: Better drivers on 5th Gear imo but Top Gear hard to beat for entertainment value.

~ Maxie

I'd love to see some footage of
Tiff peddling a 962... :grin:

Well I cannot see that happening in Blighty. The implication that a GT2 RS cannot be enjoyed in the desert on a 'track' but can be in town will have all the speed camera brigade up in arms as it will clearly encourage the vulnerable to race around the streets of England.

Pip

Plato.
:worship:
Plato can drive and he's entertaining.
He is so competative in the BTCC series.

Ocean Blue said:
Plato.
:worship:
Plato can drive and he's entertaining.
He is so competative in the BTCC series.

Yes he is on both counts, but he really does not like it when being nibbled back.
If you give it, you've got to take it.

Plato did a pretty good review of the 997 GT2 when it was released, watched this about 50 times between paying the deposit and collecting my car :D :D

Launch button?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny-g
Back