Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT2 / 997 Turbo Stage 3 Clutch Kit

Bonehead

I have a 997 GT2 that I bought last year which had a clutch that slipped in high gears at low revs. I duly ordered a Stage 3 Race Clutch Kit from Sachs in Germany (hopefully in time for my Nurburgring trip). However, the kit didn't arrive in time so I chanced it and decided to "take it easy" at the Ring with the slipping clutch. The strange thing was, as soon as I took the car on some high speed runs, the clutch completely stopped slipping. I have since tried everything I can to get it to slip again (a couple of laps of the ring and a 50mph-160mph autobahn dash in sixth gear) but nothing! The guy I bought the car off only used it to commute into London with no high speed or track use at all. Is it possible that he glazed the clutch plate doing this and that my more "spirited" driving has cleaned it off again? Myself and the local OPC are completely baffled . Meanwhile I am left with a clutch kit that I paid around a grand for that I do not need. If anyone with a 997 GT2 or 997 Turbo (2007-2009) wants a high specification clutch kit (engineered to 890Nm)- it's for sale for a bargain price!

Yes that's exactly what happened - it's a common 'characteristic' of the GT cars, e.g -

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=72856

You should have done some research on this forum before wasting a grand :D

:thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul J
Back