Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 'Flying ducktail' - SOLD

Hertsdriver

Hockenheim
Sorry to repost, I got the price wrong in the previous advert...

This is a fibreglass version of the original Singapore made 'flying ducktail' which is long out of production and was made of carbon fibre (so was a lot more expensive)...

For those that don't already know, the idea is that this replaces the lifting portion of the standard 997 rear spoiler, and is made to be a bit less 'in your face' styled than the 997 sport classic type ducktails (which have large motorsport type scoops), instead this has a slatted louver panel styled on the original 2.7 RS ducktail. It can raise and lower as per the original spoiler, or you can have the lifting option coded out.

I was going to fit this to mine, but that's not going to happen now so its up for sale.

Its in raw fibreglass gel coat so will need painting in your cars own colour. Finish is pretty decent. This is set up for Gen 2 snorkels, but you can easily make up a blanking plate for Gen 1 cars. I will include a sheet of black plastic diamond mesh that I ought to make up a screen to go under the slats.

This is the first one in the country Thumb

£500 collection from Hertfordshire (close to the Junction of M25 and M1) or postage can be arranged at buyers cost

Attachments

• img_9917_672.jpg
    img_9917_672.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,629
  • img_9053_145.jpg
    img_9053_145.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,632
  • img_9052_438.jpg
    img_9052_438.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,630
  • img_9051_145.jpg
    img_9051_145.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,632
That looks great, GLTWS

out of curiosity, is this a genuine flying ducktail or a copy? If it's a copy would you be happy to share where you sourced it from? I ask, as I'd be interested in a similar one for a 996.

Flying duck tail.

Hey man

I'll take this if available.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back