Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 bonnet bra

microtia

Anyone have one of these they can recommend to protect against stonechips
Do they have a soft non abrasive fitting surface?
Thanks (it's for a 997.2)

microtia said:
Anyone have one of these they can recommend to protect against stonechips
Do they have a soft non abrasive fitting surface?
Thanks (it's for a 997.2)

Don't go there. Just pull a bit further back and it reduces the stone chipping ......or get a front end clear wrap done :thumb:

^ This.

I do quite like Car Bra's on some cars but it's a personal opinion, I know they're very chalk and cheese, I'd be inclined to add a +1 to the clear-wrap suggestion if you're worried about stone chips.

I like car underwear.
:)

Just make sure the top is 'peep-hole' so the headlights (tee hee, he means nipples!) stick out.

And make sure the bottom has a big enough hole in it for your intake (tee hee, he means anu.........

:what:

No. Just... No.

Why make your car look incredibly ugly while you own it, but at least it'll be pretty for the next owner? Drive it normally, and budget for a front end respray once in a while.

I'd go clear film, seen plenty of car bras, mostly on VWs, in the US, but here it would look a little... :dont know:

Ekona said:
No. Just... No.

Why make your car look incredibly ugly while you own it, but at least it'll be pretty for the next owner? Drive it normally, and budget for a front end respray once in a while.

Agreed. It's like making your incredibly beautiful girlfriend wear frumpy clothes whilst you're with her, and then stripping her off for her next boyfriend.

Or something

front bumper re-spray is around £250-£300, maybe more if you want to include the bonnet also. I'd be inclinded to have a front respray every three years or so - depending on the mileage you drive.

I think they look alright.
Bit like Kate Moss in a hairnet and curlers.
Found out the German minimalist leading edge bonnet ones are felt lined.
Something different anyway to go with the roof rack and tow bar...

davidjf7 said:
It's like making your incredibly beautiful girlfriend wear frumpy clothes whilst you're with her, and then stripping her off for her next boyfriend.

Agreed!

Forget the bra, and get clear paint-protection-film instead. My whole car is wrapped in clear film, and it's hard to tell that anything's on there!

Don't do it. Surely you cannot be Serious. They just look so naff.

I worry about stonechips, but I would rather have chips than one of those on my car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j44k-dv
Back