Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 accessory belt and alternator replacement video

Newbe

Montreal
Hi All

I just had my alternator pack up so I took it off to be refurbished. Whilst off I decided to replace the accessory belt.

I made a quick 10min video of the replacement of both. It might help someone if they need to replace there's :thumb:

https://[media=youtube]/yFZgGUkG7mY[/media]

Well done, saved yourself a few quid there, that moment when all the lights go out...relief!

timbo1811 said:
Well done, saved yourself a few quid there, that moment when all the lights go out...relief!

Driving back with just a battery box and a flat battery was a bit wobbly. I did save a few quid but it's been a list of things I've had to do. I'd only just replaced my air con condensers and clutch helper spring. I had also just replaced the Brembo calliper piston and carried out an oil change.

Drove the car 20 miles and the alternator packed up!! Hopefully the end of my bills :dont know:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyp
Back