Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Wheel arch liner removal

tigerspill

Trainee
Hi,

I want to check what muck and dirt is behind the wheel arch liners.

How difficult are these to remove and put back?
Is there a step by step guide or video anywhere?

Thanks.

tigerspill said:
Hi,

I want to check what muck and dirt is behind the wheel arch liners.

How difficult are these to remove and put back?
Is there a step by step guide or video anywhere?

Thanks.

I've done this on mine so if I can do it, it's relatively easy. I did the rear wheels and the only difficulty I had was getting the liners back on because there's a kind of lip on the lower section. If you get it back on in the right angle it goes on very easily though.

I'm not sure of a guide for removal, but from memory, there are a few nuts to remove and a couple of clips on the lower. You may find a few corroded clips down there and maybe even a bit of the bodywork. Fortunately mine was ok.

Edit: just looked back at when I did it. I jacked up the car and removed the wheel. There are some plastic nuts to remove which you can easily see after the wheel is off. The bolts that the plastic nuts are on will likely be a little corroded. I can't find it now but I'm sure I found the instructions on here. Hopefully someone will come along and point you in the right direction

Workshop manual can be downloaded here ...

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=148859

Link is a few posts down and the instructions will be in section 5 body .

Basically it's rear wheel off , undo a couple of 10 mm nuts and a few T25 screws .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manx100red
Back