Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Tracker Drain Time?

Hob

Hi all,

I live in a flat with underground parking (but no power outlets). I'm away on holiday for 20 days and was wondering if the stock battery would cope with this?

Otherwise it will mean disconnecting the battery or connecting a trickle charger via another battery?

Cheers,

Hob

If your battery is okay then it'll be fine, I leave mine for a month sometimes and it's all good. If it's a bit dodgy then it could die, but as long as you leave yourself possible access to get the frunk open via the secret cable you'll be okay.

I had to leave my frunk open once when I was off the road for three months, luckily the car was garaged so it wasn't a massive problem.

Hob said:
Hi all,

I live in a flat with underground parking (but no power outlets). I'm away on holiday for 20 days and was wondering if the stock battery would cope with this?

Otherwise it will mean disconnecting the battery or connecting a trickle charger via another battery?

Cheers,

Hob

Due to work commitments I sometimes have to leave my car standing 14 days at a time and I have never had an issue.

Take it for a good long drive the day before you go away and I think she will start right up when you get back.
You may need to pull up the driver side door handle before unlocking it with the remote. I think the car goes into "sleep mode" if you don't use it for 7 days.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YJY
Back