Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 side light white colour to match xenon head light?

ben911

Hi guys,

:?:

I know there is a DRL kit you can get from various places for changing the gen 1 side light out to similar to the gen 2.
Has anyone just changed the bulbs in the side lights to match the white colour of the xenons instead? If so can anyone reccomend me a pair of side light bulbs to purchase? and where to get them from?

Cheers :thumbs:

excellent!

Cheers DrTroy,

Thats what i like to see! :p Nice and cheap for a change.

Just to be 100% clear, are they just a straight swop? No mods required to make them fit in the gen 1 sidelight unit?

Thanks

Ben

My h7 low beams where a direct replacement, I've not tried the side lights because i did a direct replacement with DRL's.

Cheers

ill give them a go!

DrTroy,

Ive ordered them, going to give them a go! FYI i thought £5.95 were a bit steep for delivery but ill live with it as the bulbs are so cheap.

Martian,

Thanks for the alternative, if they show an error or dont work ill try them.

Cheers guys :worship:

side light bulbs installed!

Finally got round to changing the bulbs.........The white bulbs drtroy specc'd.............perfect! What a result!

Defo reccomend to everyone.......only thing now the fog lights need changing!

Anyone recommend a white bulb for these?

done this mod also with the side light really is a beautiful diffrence, the fog light bulb is the next mod,

ive also changed my front to a gt3 bumper and i really do fancy having some drl leds on it somewhere but the last thing i want to do is make it look cheap, i was thinking in the lower lip where the cut outs are

91199738 said:
drtroy said:
Nice one so if its a H8 connector then these should work as well....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-H8-70...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4848be1e2d

Will get some

Yes H8 is what you need, not sure about those you list but the LEDs I got (I was sceptical coming from china) are white as the main beams. The whole front end has been transformed, will post a photo shortly.

PIC's please (on and off if possible as I'd like to see how yellow they look when off)

91199738 said:
drtroy said:
Nice one so if its a H8 connector then these should work as well....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-H8-70...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4848be1e2d

Will get some

Yes H8 is what you need, not sure about those you list but the LEDs I got (I was sceptical coming from china) are white as the main beams. The whole front end has been transformed, will post a photo shortly.

PIC's please (on and off if possible as I'd like to see how yellow they look when off)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macca2000
Back