Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 gt3rs clutch?

conleth

hi folks,

my clutch failed yesterday (car wont go into gear with engine running, then wont come out if put into gear, start the engine and car moves even with the peddle fully depressed) so need to get it replaced

what sort of price should i be looking at for this? garage that has the car (where i bought it) is saying engine needs dropped as well as the transmission so looking at £2k including vat to do this for labour alone! is this true?

have spoken to a few who seemed to be talking more around the £1200-£1500 mark all in, including clutch itself

thanks in advance

conleth

I'm no expert but sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging, could be fork or release bearing related. Your clutch may be ok. Price should be in the 1500 region including parts.

Is your car under warranty? There is an 'issue' with the 997GT3 pressure plate which is known to fail. Others will probably be able to advise better but could be a warranty item...

:dont know:

Sorry to hear your news.

You can ask the OPC and try to negotiate but I don't think this will be covered by the warranty unfortunately -

http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/Porsche Approved Warranty Booklet.pdf

Examples of wear and tear items
Below is a non-exhaustive list of items commonly
subject to wear and tear, which if fail due to wear
and tear will not be covered by Your Policy:

Engine (exhaust system including catalytic
converter, spark plugs drive belt)
Power train / transmission (drive shaft packing,
synchroniser rings, differential lock, clutch
including release bearing)

Suspension / steering (steering packing, shock
absorbers, tyres, tyre sealing system, wheel
bearings, PDCC reservoir)
Brake system (brake pads, brake discs)
Heating / air conditioning (air conditioning
desiccator, refrigerant)
Electrics (all lamps, excluding Xenon and LED
lamps, fuses, batteries, wiper blades)
Body (floor mats, fire extinguisher, door seals,
visual and acoustic defects)
All filters, hoses, fluids, oils and greases

Stuart said:
I'm no expert but sounds like the clutch isn't disengaging, could be fork or release bearing related. Your clutch may be ok. Price should be in the 1500 region including parts.

Is your car under warranty? There is an 'issue' with the 997GT3 pressure plate which is known to fail. Others will probably be able to advise better but could be a warranty item...

:dont know:

I think that you're spot on...clutch fork...probably bearing failure...been
there during this year's Iberian trip. :roll:

thanks for prompt replies everyone,

not under porsche warranty but have a warranty with the garage i bought it from, just was abit unsure on if the engine needed dropped down as well which would account for the much larger labour costs than anticipated

will give a few indy's a call tomorrow to check whats a reasonable cost

cheers

conleth

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YJY
Back