Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 GT3 Prices

Lenny39

Silverstone
Is it fair to say prices have flatlined? A few more up for sale compared with earlier in the year. Considering selling mine and weighing up the options of selling Private/SOR/Collecting cars etc...

Lenny39 said:
Is it fair to say prices have flatlined? A few more up for sale compared with earlier in the year. Considering selling mine and weighing up the options of selling Private/SOR/Collecting cars etc...

I don't know. I've been watching for a couple of months and they do appear to have been pretty static since I've been thinking about getting one, but that is probably too short a timescale to tell. I'd guess that once people start to feel the pain of higher interest rates then there may be a few more for sale combined with fewer buyers maybe (ie. buying on finance with higher interest rates becomes more difficult to justify?). Not everyone buys on finance obviously so there are still going to be buyers out there, just perhaps not as many as over the last few years.

I'm patient and looking for the right spec car (either GT3 or RS), sods law tells me that prices will probably be higher when that ideal spec for me comes up though!

I've been watching of late and the 991.x and 997.2 GT3 market are falling,
this will no doubt be compressing the 997.1 market shortly, if not already.

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. After 18 months or procrastination about what to buy, GT3's are now firmly on my radar. Looking for a Cobalt blue car, so limited on the choices.

Bit of an odd one for me this purchase I hope will be a car I will keep forever, so essentially price isn't too much of a factor, but at the same time I have issues with buying in a toppy market, so I sense a little more waiting yet, if it compresses great, but I doubt the arse is going to fall out of these to dramatic levels.

I have no doubt I will have loads of dumb questions soon enough.

Yidwann said:
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. After 18 months or procrastination about what to buy, GT3's are now firmly on my radar. Looking for a Cobalt blue car, so limited on the choices.

Bit of an odd one for me this purchase I hope will be a car I will keep forever, so essentially price isn't too much of a factor, but at the same time I have issues with buying in a toppy market, so I sense a little more waiting yet, if it compresses great, but I doubt the arse is going to fall out of these to dramatic levels.

One here ....

https://theautolounge.co.uk/stock/porsche-911-997-1-gt3/

Yidwann said:

Considering a year or so ago there were about two 997.1's for sale and at least 5x that now, I think things are going your way.

I think it's fair to say we are definitely past peak bubble. How far and how fast things will drop is anyones guess.

If you're an owner bothered about values or you aren't in a car you'd be happy to keep long term, well, it's time to buckle up. :grin:

Omg! A values thread in the GT forum on 911uk! The world must surely be ****ed

When I bought my car in 2011, I created an excel spreadsheet mapping the expected depreciation curve. I fully expected my car to be worth around 45/50k after 4 years (I paid 68k). I accepted that and the money I bought the car with I just considered as spent/gone/fini, and that I would never see it again. The fact that I last renewed the Insurance on a value of 85k is neither here nor there really, I find it more of an inconvenience as Insurance just becomes more expensive

A wise old man once told me, never view your GT3 as a bunch of £50 notes sitting in the garage

I'm not quite sure what the point is of my post ... I guess I just find it genuinely insane how much the world has changed in the time I've owned my car, and how something I thought of as a disposable piece of metal when I got it is now held in high regard by the petrolhead community

Will my car be worth 20k when everything is electric, or will it be worth 200k? Who knows, I don't care. What matters is I've enjoyed my car since i bought it, and hope to enjoy it for many years to come

Roro said:
Omg! A values thread in the GT forum on 911uk! The world must surely be ****ed

Will my car be worth 20k when everything is electric, or will it be worth 200k? Who knows, I don't care. What matters is I've enjoyed my car since i bought it, and hope to enjoy it for many years to come

Well said, let the Garage Queen owners worry about their "investments" whilst we get on enjoying and thrash the 130LOX off the last of the Mezger cars with true LeMans winning heritage!

Like you, my car is worth a quid to me as I ain't selling, so long as I can get in and out of those lovely carbon buckets!

Values decreasing? :eek: ahhhh well looks like I will have to hang onto it forever then :D :grin:

FZP said:
I've been watching of late and the 991.x and 997.2 GT3 market are falling,
this will no doubt be compressing the 997.1 market shortly, if not already.

Not sure I've seen any 991.1 clubsports for under 100k for a long time so saying the markets falling is strange. There's 5 gen2 997 for sale too, so not loads, but a lot more than when I was looking last year and early this year.

They are all well over what my budget was though, 3 club sports!, one red one which isn't the best example and is being flipped from purchase on collecting cars after less than a year of ownership, and one priced up at 140k... which given such low mileage raises concerns when all I see is a wheel full of balancing weights... and the last one with hexagon classics which looks a decent car but who really knows.

The ashgood car looks great value. I'm shocked it hasn't sold yet so maybe the market for them is slowing.

As others have said though, I bought mine and factored in losing half of its value in 5 years. Doubt it'll come to that, but it's an amount I was prepared to lose to own one of the best engineered cars of all time. And I stand by that comment, the cars an absolute joy to drive. Nothing I've driven can compare to the level of engagement I get when I'm sat behind the wheel. Don't buy it as an investment, buy it as a tool to make you happy at weekends after working hard all week.

IbanezDan said:
As others have said though, I bought mine and factored in losing half of its value in 5 years. Doubt it'll come to that, but it's an amount I was prepared to lose to own one of the best engineered cars of all time. And I stand by that comment, the cars an absolute joy to drive. Nothing I've driven can compare to the level of engagement I get when I'm sat behind the wheel. Don't buy it as an investment, buy it as a tool to make you happy at weekends after working hard all week.

Sound advice, roll back 10 years ago and we all had this attitude when purchasing performance cars. The car market has seen such a dramatic change everyone steps into cars expecting to turn a profit or break even!!

You should expect to pay to enjoy such an awesome machine.

Roro said:
A wise old man once told me, never view your GT3 as a bunch of £50 notes sitting in the garage

Oi! I resemble that remark. Less of the 'old' if you don't mind :wack:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back