Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 GT3 hunting?

plynchy

Suzuka
I've mulled the idea over for years, and have finally got my finger out and done it. Deposit taken on the Cossie, price agreed with a buyer for my 996t. Both cars will be going to new homes within the next few weeks.

Time to go looking for a 997 GT3 that i've lusted after since going round Donny in a friends car a good few years ago now.

Anyone know the black car at HWM? I've never heard anything good about them as a dealer, and it's a pretty vague advert, but they're still trading somehow so might be worth a look?

Any pointer/tips greatly appreciated, I know my way around a 996t very well after 6 years of ownership, but not so much a GT3.

:thumbs:

The best part.....looking for a new car!! I purchased mine a year ago, would recommend getting an inspection obviously no matter where you buy it from, mine also had a Porsche warranty on it which gave me a bit of piece of mind. They nearly all seem to have a RMS issue unless the car is used very regularly.

I saw the advert for the black one, very vague on service history, owners etc..and POA so no idea if its decent value or not. Personally don't like black cars with black wheels but that is just me.

Enjoy looking....superb cars and pretty bullet proof if serviced correctly.

plynchy said:
Any pointer/tips greatly appreciated, I know my way around a 996t very well after 6 years of ownership, but not so much a GT3.
Seriously, there are a lot fewer variables on a GT3 than a turbo. Obviously basic engine and 'box is the same too, so you know exactly what you're looking at there.

Look for the bills and look closely at the four corners & paintwork. It's better to avoid stuff that's had an undisclosed knock. If you have a car that's had a repair that's openly recorded/discussed it's a bit different, but anything unkown is a potential minefield.

I'm creeping around in the shadows looking for a GT3 also. I've had it up to the back wheels with White, black or silver cars.

White are everywhere.... :frustrated:

FZP said:
I'm creeping around in the shadows looking for a GT3 also. I've had it up to the back wheels with White, black or silver cars.
Green it is then, Frank! :mrgreen:

plynchy said:
White are everywhere.... :frustrated:
The beauty of a white one is that it's a great blank canvas for a wrap or some interesting livery. I do like the rusty / rat rod look...

Attachments

• gulf_214.jpg
    gulf_214.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 6,128
squelch said:
FZP said:
Don't f****** start. I should have kept my mouth shut, eaten beans on toast for a bit. :grin:
In all seriousness though, has anyone seen a UK speed yellow 997.2 GT3

Would love a green one, think they look superb.

There were two GT3's at Croft last week on a Javelin track day, I was up on the bank watching them going through the back section and they were flippin awesome.
The driver of the black 3.8 car certainly knew his way round and coming out of 'sunny out' it just sounded incredible and barring the race cars they were the quickest on the day.
I went for a GTS over a GT3 but only because of my trepidation over the engine issues.

FZP said:
Don't f****** start. I should have kept my mouth shut, eaten beans on toast for a bit. :grin:
Nothing wrong with BOT - I have it EVERY day for lunch (not even joking!)

plynchy said:
Would love a green one, think they look superb.
Here's my Kermit! Big up to Frank (FZP) for costing me a lot of money a couple of years ago!! :worship:

Attachments

• img_5976_922.jpg
    img_5976_922.jpg
    799.3 KB · Views: 6,104
Love the colour, is that factory or wrapped?

FZP said:
squelch said:
FZP said:

Never seen a UK 997.2 GT3 in SY, I dare say there must be one or two about but I've yet to see one.

Oh, here's to Anzac Day Frank. :worship:

Thanks, it's original - RS Green.

pzero said:
FZP said:
squelch said:
FZP said:

Never seen a UK 997.2 GT3 in SY, I dare say there must be one or two about but I've yet to see one.

Oh, here's to Anzac Day Frank. :worship:
:salut: Lest We Forget :salut:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NBavers
Back