Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Gt3 how many in the uk

evodarren

Spa-Francorchamps
Joined
12 Nov 2008
Messages
358
Does anyone know how many 997.1 Gt3 came to the Uk
Still one of the great Gt3,s
 

Attachments

  • 1a47fe73_5b44_45a8_b820_4aa2119c7606_100.jpeg
    1a47fe73_5b44_45a8_b820_4aa2119c7606_100.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 6,311
evodarren said:
Does anyone know how many 997.1 Gt3 came to the Uk
Still one of the great Gt3,s

Believe the numbers where:

213 GT3
106 RS
 
Cunno said:
evodarren said:
Does anyone know how many 997.1 Gt3 came to the Uk
Still one of the great Gt3,s

Believe the numbers where:

213 GT3
106 RS

So half that of the E46 M3 CSL allocation. Explains prices holding/rising.
 
evodarren said:
Does anyone know how many 997.1 Gt3 came to the Uk
Still one of the great Gt3,s

All GT3s are great :D I even like 991.1, they make great noise.
 
Do we know, how many were Clubsports from the 213?
 
I can't imagine it would be many, maybe 20%, 30% tops? The Clubsport pack (buckets, cage, extinguisher) was quite pricey back then, and there wasn't the mania which we have now around every GT3 having to have the Clubsport option. Apart from these 3 things I think the 2 cars are fundamentally the same, not even a light weight flywheel on the 997.1 Clubsport, which I think the 996 Clubsport had fitted. Anyone know if any of this is correct? I often wondered
 
Roro said:
I can't imagine it would be many, maybe 20%, 30% tops? The Clubsport pack (buckets, cage, extinguisher) was quite pricey back then, and there wasn't the mania which we have now around every GT3 having to have the Clubsport option. Apart from these 3 things I think the 2 cars are fundamentally the same, not even a light weight flywheel on the 997.1 Clubsport, which I think the 996 Clubsport had fitted. Anyone know if any of this is correct? I often wondered

Hi Roro,
Yes i believe the clubsport was just bucket seat, cage and fire extinguisher.
 
evodarren said:
Roro said:
I can't imagine it would be many, maybe 20%, 30% tops? The Clubsport pack (buckets, cage, extinguisher) was quite pricey back then, and there wasn't the mania which we have now around every GT3 having to have the Clubsport option. Apart from these 3 things I think the 2 cars are fundamentally the same, not even a light weight flywheel on the 997.1 Clubsport, which I think the 996 Clubsport had fitted. Anyone know if any of this is correct? I often wondered

Hi Roro,
Yes i believe the clubsport was just bucket seat, cage and fire extinguisher.

And Schroth 6 point harnesses too, the remote battery cut-out was supposed to be part of the pack? Well my one doesnt have it and it is a factory Clubsport, but there again, it may have got lost in the mists of time?

My option list states 003 CS Package plus also XSM (cage), XSJ (6 point harness), 384 & 385 Carrera GT seats (L&R) but cant find a separate option code for the battery cut off, which makes me wonder whether that was delivered with my car.

Mine is also fitted with the single mass flywheel, but that was a mod I made in my ownership.

Am pretty sure that the Clubsport was a no-cost option when new too?
I know doing a retrofit will not be a cheap proposal at current parts pricing.

I agree, they are in a small minority, but it would be interesting to find out the exact number delivered to the UK market?

Attached is the CS blurb from the GT3 brochure for the 997.1
 

Attachments

  • clubsport_scan_147.jpeg
    clubsport_scan_147.jpeg
    769.3 KB · Views: 6,063
They did the 'no cost' Clubsport package in a typical marketing way, and it even says in the brochure excerpt you posted - free, but only if you buy the buckets :grin: (it was nowhere near what the seats cost now though, around £3k sounds about right). Explains why there's a few of these about with buckets but no cage
 
I wonder how many were manual, when I started looking for mine last year it seemed there were 3 pdk's to every manual which limited my choice as I only wanted a manual.
 
Max65 said:
I wonder how many were manual, when I started looking for mine last year it seemed there were 3 pdk's to every manual which limited my choice as I only wanted a manual.

The 997.1 was manual only.
 
shantybeater said:
Max65 said:
I wonder how many were manual, when I started looking for mine last year it seemed there were 3 pdk's to every manual which limited my choice as I only wanted a manual.

The 997.1 was manual only.

As above, and thread title.
PDK did not feature in the GT3 until 991 onwards.
 
Diggermeister said:
As is by magic, a new Pistonheads video just released on the subject:


Thanks for posting
 

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
124,846
Messages
1,449,134
Members
50,055
Latest member
mrmward27
Back
Top