Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Drivers window wont go all the way down

Luckstar997

Hi all.

The window goes up and down fine but it won't go all the way down. It leaves about 3cm of the window exposed. It's level, not sticking and works well apart from this. The passenger side is working perfectly.

I tried a reset by holding the switches up and down for 3 seconds and that didn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to sort this please?

Thank you

If it was a 996 I would say it had had the regulator changed for a Boxster one and the stop hadn't been adjusted. Not sure if that is the same on the 997.

MC

yes, i can vouch for inadvertantly leaving the stop for the boxster when fitting the 997 regulator! :?:
OP; if its always done this; this is your answer

brownspeed said:
yes, i can vouch for inadvertantly leaving the stop for the boxster when fitting the 997 regulator! :?:
OP; if its always done this; this is your answer

Ah that makes sense. I bought the car last month and noticed one of the most recent repairs was a new window motor, as you say, maybe the stop wasn't removed. I will try and work out how to get the door card off and try and remove it.

Thank you

As above. The small bolt that acts as a stop at the bottom of the regulator track needs removing (put there for Boxsters).

Recently replaced the regulator on passenger window with new OEM item.

Any job worth doing is worth doing twice...

when you can't figure out why the window doesn't drop enough and you should have watched the YouTube video till the end...

Remove the stopper on the front side of the slider!

Luckstar997 said:
Is this a whole door card off job or is there a shortcut?

By no means an authority on the topic, but I don't see how it can be done without removing the door card.

Not too bad a job. Be gentle on the plastic clips... especially the small triangle piece covering the wing mirror part...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manx100red
Back