Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Alarm/Immobiliser correct name

Low Level Flyer

Hi All,

So I've recently renewed my car Insurance for my 07 997.1 C4S. The Insurance provider wanted to know which of the options they should pick for my Alarm/Immobiliser (it's the factory fitted unit from new and I have the tracking system activated with Vodafone).

The only name for the system that sounded correct was the 'Carrera 98 Security System'.

I did a bit of digging online and found this from Thatcham.... https://thatchamsecurity.co.uk/car_alarms/category_1/original_equipment/porsche.htm

Just wanted to check that this is still relevant for the 2007 997.1 C4S or should I ring and change it (don't want to invalidate my policy over a stupid technicality like this).

Many thanks

I'm not a 997.1 owner (trying really hard to be though!) but I think what you have found is right. They are usually only interested in making sure that it is Thatcham approved.

It is worth noting that insurers are less able to use small innocent mistakes as grounds for declining payouts any more. I think regulatory chnanges were put in place a 5-10 years ago to stop insurers from scouring minute details to avoid paying out on claims. Big whopping lies are still a big no no though!

Thanks spinnaker, I wasn't aware of such regulation when it came to Insurance so that's quite good to know! (I generally take quite a cynical view with Insurance companies!).

Hope you manage to track down a decent 997.1 soon!

Per the Thatcham listing, it's the Carrera 05 system.
(Bit further down on the same linked page)
Hth

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calinours38
Back