Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996T Paddle Shift Conversion

Gt3Owl

Sao Paulo
Hi guys,

I've just purchased some Amg paddles for the tip conversion.

Is there a decent guide DIY or anyone recommend someone around South Yorkshire

Cheers

Its in the stickies on the 996 section I think but in any case it's easily searchable.Super easy DIY BTW

kas750 said:
Its in the stickies on the 996 section I think but in any case it's easily searchable.Super easy DIY BTW

Cracking 🤘

and its an excellent mod.

I've no idea why Porsche put those stupid switches on instead.

Keen to know which AMG paddles you chose and source. I've struggled to find the specific paddles mentioned in some of the 'how to" threads.

JonathanDLP said:
Keen to know which AMG paddles you chose and source. I've struggled to find the specific paddles mentioned in some of the 'how to" threads.

I've bought some of these, not sure if they fit

Attachments

• screenshot_20211116_161829_ebay_157.jpg
    screenshot_20211116_161829_ebay_157.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 2,307
I have A45 paddles which look quite different to those.

I think the part number is A171 267 00 46

barryrs said:
I have A45 paddles which look quite different to those.

I think the part number is A171 267 00 46

Yeah think I ordered the incorrect pair

The switches are fairly simple - you just splice the connection from your buttons (two wires, one for up and one for down) into the same for the new paddles. The paddles need to be able to mount correctly on the back of the steering wheel, I feel like the ones you ordered won't work.

I ended up with the metal amg paddles and they feel great

I've just ordered a set from MB Nottingham, a Mercedes Independent, £165 delivered using the part number supplied by barryrs (thanks for posting). Adam in Parts was very helpful.

Jay. said:
The switches are fairly simple - you just splice the connection from your buttons (two wires, one for up and one for down) into the same for the new paddles. The paddles need to be able to mount correctly on the back of the steering wheel, I feel like the ones you ordered won't work.

I ended up with the metal amg paddles and they feel great

Brill cheers

JonathanDLP said:
I've just ordered a set from MB Nottingham, a Mercedes Independent, £165 delivered using the part number supplied by barryrs (thanks for posting). Adam in Parts was very helpful.

Let me know how u get in, I'll order same set

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V164
Back