Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996GT3 vs 997GT3

Maxie

Yas Marina
Just a heads-up - in the latest edition of EVO magazine (ed. 182), a very nice road test of all four 911 GT3 cars that have been in producution. Plus a feature on the forthcoming 991 GT3.

~ Maxie :thumb:

car_photo_565999_13.jpg

Been reading it this week, good spread on the four manual GT3's then followed by "That's all folks - this is now how it's going to be!" with the 991 GT3.

My money is on the RS 4.0...

Well it would be if I had enough of it :coat:

Yeah it was comparing non-rs cars only, but I still claim the 4.0 as the victor :bandit:

Yes - just the base GT cars (if 'base' can ever be used to describe such a machine!).

996.1 GT3 vs 996.2 GT3 vs 997.1 GT3 vs 997.2 GT3

Don't want to spoil it for others but the feature describes what each revision brought and the benefits too.....it is a feast of a read!

~ Maxie 8)

Or in a nutshell;

Built 996.1, realised all the ***** ups they made, built the 996.2 - hit perfection, realised that the world was going soft and then started on the downward spiral of producing the namby pamby softie 997 varients :) though they did realise their mistakes hence the costly gt2 rs and 4.0 :wink:

kingston said:
Or in a nutshell;

Built 996.1, realised all the ***** ups they made, built the 996.2 - hit perfection, realised that the world was going soft and then started on the downward spiral of producing the namby pamby softie 997 varients :) though they did realise their mistakes hence the costly gt2 rs and 4.0 :wink:

Haha, very cynical! Let's just say the 996.2 came a very close 4th place! At least that's how I interpreted it. However, all four cars far removed from the dynamics of the mere Carrera.

~ Maxie :)

Ive not read the article but i thought there wasnt an actual winner?

Roro - i dont know ehat you mean

kingston said:
Or in a nutshell;

let's end it there on that bombshell!

kingston said:
Or in a nutshell;

I think I will have to agreee with you on this one.....

I wonder why :thumb:

I bought the mag today and it was a decent read, good bit on each generation :thumb:

I interpreted it as there was no clear winner as they're all suited to different people's needs and fantastic cars in their own way.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlb81
Back