Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 with supercharger

Parsley

Sao Paulo
Very little on this subject. I've done a search and found odd bits but does anyone actually have a supercharged 996 that would like to share some info/experience etc.

It's a future mod I'm considering.

Hi,

Sorry, been a little tied up with work.

Thanks guys, yes, I have one and been on for 10 years.

Nice power increase, non issues, smooth linear power.

Is it worth it. Heart yes, financially no. 10 years ago the prices of our cars were higher.

Great fun though.

Regards

Vinny

Do you find fuel consumption takes quite a hit? Like you struggle to get 20mpg or is it not that bad?

Menace said:
Hi,

Sorry, been a little tied up with work.

Thanks guys, yes, I have one and been on for 10 years.

Nice power increase, non issues, smooth linear power.

Is it worth it. Heart yes, financially no. 10 years ago the prices of our cars were higher.

Great fun though.

Regards

What sort of power does it put out?
Also who fitted/mapped it etc if you don't mind me asking?

Hi,

It was last dyno'd at 447hp but have made a few improvements along the way so maybe a tad more now.

The system a fitted by Parr and Carrera Sport.

Regards

Vinny

Attachments

• 882e0a61_624c_4972_bcb1_8adbb3b3cece_853.jpeg
    882e0a61_624c_4972_bcb1_8adbb3b3cece_853.jpeg
    529.4 KB · Views: 2,456
Menace said:
Hi,

It was last dyno'd at 447hp but have made a few improvements along the way so maybe a tad more now.

The system a fitted by Parr and Carrera Sport.

Regards

Vinny

Brilliant thanks for the info. I'm seriously considering going this route. Correct me if I'm wrong but 10k seems to be the ball park. I personally think that's a lot if extra performance for not a lot of money in real terms. 10k ish into my car is way less than a 996 turbo but retains light weight and rwd appeal.

I had a Supercharged Mk4 V6 Golf a few years ago and the power delivery was amazing! I would imagine it would be worth every penny on your car :thumb:

I met Vinny and his car at the Ace cafe a few years ago, Vinny is a top bloke and the car sounded amazing. He had a guy with a 996 turbo want to race him to see how fast it was. Am tempted to do mine when I get the 3.9 conversion done.

Shurv said:
I met Vinny and his car at the Ace cafe a few years ago, Vinny is a top bloke and the car sounded amazing. He had a guy with a 996 turbo want to race him to see how fast it was. Am tempted to do mine when I get the 3.9 conversion done.

Yep 3.9 supercharged. That's the kitty. Did Vinny race said 996tt? (On a private road of course) :grin:

The guy with the turbo was a bit of a c*ck tbh and Vinny played it very cool.Not sure the north circular was the best place for a race.

Shurv said:
The guy with the turbo was a bit of a c*ck tbh and Vinny played it very cool.Not sure the north circular was the best place for a race.

Probably not :grin:

Hi,

I remember that night. He was a tourist when it comes to Porsche ownership and events. He was more suited to a Max Power event.

Total 911 did a feature comparing the Turbo and Supercharged.

Thanks Shurv, appreciate your kind comments.

Regards

Vinny

Parsley said:
Shurv said:

Probably not :grin:

South Circular, definitely!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V164
Back