Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 windscreen replacement -Admiral insurance

Synackrst

Has anyone had the windscreen replaced on their 996 in the Glasgow Area?

I would be grateful of any advice before I have a conversation with my insurer Admiral. i.e. is there anyone that I should request to carry out the work? Do OPC Glasgow sub the work out? anyone I should avoid, things to be aware of etc.

All advice gratefully received...

Thanks
Billy

I very much doubt OPC do windscreen replacement in house. Every other (admittedly non Porsche) dealerships I know sub-contract glass, usually to Autoglass.

I wouldn't of thought changing the windscreen on a 911 was any more or less difficult than any other car, so I'm sure they're all capable. But I understand you want someone who's going to be careful.

The issues I have seen in the body shop have been where the windscreen sealing area is damaged revealing the bare metal (whilst removing old sealant) and then rust can begin.

Just speak to them about this and ensure that any areas of paint damage are treated.

Thanks all for the advice.

I have arranged with my local bodyshop (who I know and trust) to have the National Windscreens guys carry out the work there. Asked for oem screen with green graduated tint (opt code 567) and no quibbling. V painless so far... Will post back the results.

Thanks again
Billy

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7CUU
Back