Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 turbo two babies and a buggy

Kilsoj

Trainee
Have seen a lot of people asking about baby seats, buggies etc.

Just wanted to share my experience

Have two daughters, 17 months and 8 weeks

Two seats in the back Britax evolva, and maxi cosi cabriofix

Managed to get a double buggy in the boot too

Baby City jogger select, with buggy wheels off

:welcome:

And belated congratulations.

Thanks for the info, I'm sure it will be of use to some on here at some point.

:thumb:

Informative first post. Now lets hear about your car and the story, and don't forget some pics.

I hope you have a second car! Take my word for it, kids grow, and so does the stuff you have to carry.

:)

Thanks Peter

I came from owning a ferrari 360, and nothing in the ferrari range with four seats within budget appealed.

Have always loved the 911 turbo, so when a manual 2003 996 turbo in silver popped up locally I went for a look.

Beautiful example, very well maintained with a techart exhaust and gt3 short shift. A money no object to keep right car.

Have since found out it was the president of the porsche club ireland car.

So have to say very pleased so far it is a great car to drive :thumb:

Thanks again for the welcome

Oh and I have an audi a6 avant so plenty of growing room :D

Kilsoj said:
Thanks Peter

I came from owning a ferrari 360, and nothing in the ferrari range with four seats within budget appealed.

What, no love for the 456?
I considered one briefly but V12 running costs put me off.

Had a lot of love for the 456 but someone who knows much more than me reckons they will take a kicking in value shortly. Plus could not find a decent manual

So how would you rate the Ferrari against your 996 turbo?Performance,practicality etc..
BTW my 7 year old absolutely loves riding in the back of my 996 turbo,plus there is enough room for a stunt scooter under the hood,so you should be ok for a while yet! :thumb:

Hi, I suppose this has been said by a lot of people, the ferrari was a beautiful car, and I will have another at some stage, but the 911 turbo is much more usable for me. I have nearly done the same mileage in a month in the 996 than I did last year in the 360.

The 360 you felt the speed, whereas the 996 you don't realise what you are doing till you check the speedo. I can get what people say about the Porsche being clinical compared to the ferrari but I actually think it is a good think. With the 360 you always had in the back of your head, what might go wrong, although it nothing did in the 3 years I had the car.

The Porsche is excellent, and for what I use the car for, a weekend toy that we can all fit in, there is nothing better out there for me. I had looked at db9 and masser gran turismo but went for the Porsche.

Went for a 996 turbo over a 997 as well

At the start of the month I did a road trip to Germany with my 996 Coupe taking the wife and my 2 kids age 11 and 13. Little cramped for them in the back compared to our Passat estate but nearly 1000 miles of driving went very smoothly.

The 996 is proving surprisingly practical for family transport when needed although the cushioning on the rear seats is very limited. I think my biggest shock so far was the look on the face of a shop when I lifted the boot for them to load up a sack of chicken feed in!

996driver said:
I think my biggest shock so far was the look on the face of a shop when I lifted the boot for them to load up a sack of chicken feed in!

I had a similar experience recently when I loaded a complete engine stand (in pieces) into the front boot of my 996 Targa LOL! I've also successfully transported my disassembled road bike up and down the country by using the handy Targa hatchback feature :thumb:

Just joined the forum and was going to ask a similar question.

Can you get a babyseat that would fit into the the front boot area?

I have a 5 yr old and 11 months old.

My 5 yr old is fine as hes on a booster seat which i can easily fit into boot area but i am having to drop off my 11 mths old at nursery before i commute to work and would like a baby seat which i could remove and store in boot..........driving around witha baby seat in a 996 turbo isn't the coolest look lol!

Just joined the forum and was going to ask a similar question.

Can you get a babyseat that would fit into the the front boot area?

I have a 5 yr old and 11 months old.

My 5 yr old is fine as hes on a booster seat which i can easily fit into boot area but i am having to drop off my 11 mths old at nursery before i commute to work and would like a baby seat which i could remove and store in boot..........driving around witha baby seat in a 996 turbo isn't the coolest look lol!

Damn, I thought this was post about Tom Selleck, Steve Guttenberg and Ted Danson's comeback film :sad:

Fitted a garden table and 4 fold up chairs in the back of my 996 Cabrio. Wish I'd taken a photo. Got some funny looks on the way home :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Z102B
Back