Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo - Suspension Upgrade

I’ve recently fitted Koni Special Actives with a new set of M030 springs to my Turbo, all other suspension components are in very good condition.

Fitted myself and geo set up at CG, very impressed so far. Driven a few hundred miles and they’re bedding in nicely. It is slightly softer than standard but with that comes a lot more compliance and it’s enabled me to carry more speed with more confidence (a lot of this is probably down to the set up also). Initially I was a little concerned it was too soft but as you up the pace the Koni’s up their game also.

Agree with the point about a little more nose bobbing but it doesn’t bother me. I don’t necessarily think lower and firmer is faster/better on the road on the road, but to each their own.

I meant, mark with a sharpie around each of the three 13mm nuts on the front struts, moved them out as far as they go, and see what you think, you can then move them back in if you don't like it as much.

I purchased a pair of subframes with the bushes already done, so I will have a spare pair of subframes from my car when my ones come off, if you would like to buy them of me and do the bush replacement whilst keeping your car mobile?
Did you get them from 9apart? If so they probably came off my old C4S!

I've also been going through my Turbo and replacing & upgrading the suspension.

KW v3 shocks
GT3 LCA's with monoball inners and RSS solid adjustable thrust bushing on the front
Meyle tuning forks all round
Meyle rear dog bone links
Meyle rear LCA's
Elephant racing rear adjustable rear toe arms and tarett lockout plates
FVD rear subframe bushes (FVD)
TRW inner and outer track rods
standard top mounts
standard drop links
Standard anti-roll bars with new bushes

There are so many components to replace/upgrade on a 911...it's easy to get carried away and know when to stop.
:rolleyes:

A couple of other things which effect the handling of the car (which I mention all the time, sorry...) engine mounts and (to a lessor extent) gearbox mounts. I've fitted the 964/993 RS mounts from type911 (Link) and a 997 turbo (link).

I would look to drop the Meyle rear dog bone linkes and the Elephent rear adjustable toe arms and get them from Gravity Performance.

[Add a lanyard from the Merchandise section to boost your cart to 4 items and get 15% off the entire order]

I'd also consider dropping the Meyle rear LCAs and get the GT3 ones from Spyder Performance for only a few quid more, just because I hear issues around Meyle's quality?

I would look to drop the Meyle rear dog bone linkes and the Elephent rear adjustable toe arms and get them from Gravity Performance.

I'd also consider dropping the Meyle rear LCAs and get the GT3 ones from Spyder Performance for only a few quid more, just because I hear issues around Meyle's quality?

All of those make sense. Especially the rear adjustable toe arms, I got them used for a good price - otherwise they are very over priced.

I actually have a set of Spyder GT3 arms sat on my spares shelf, I grabbed them late last year when they had them for 50% off...but my plan on the rear LCA's is to fit solid thrust bushes and monoball inner bearing.

It's a slippery, slippery slope :rolleyes: ;)

All of those make sense. Especially the rear adjustable toe arms, I got them used for a good price - otherwise they are very over priced.

I actually have a set of Spyder GT3 arms sat on my spares shelf, I grabbed them late last year when they had them for 50% off...but my plan on the rear LCA's is to fit solid thrust bushes and monoball inner bearing.

It's a slippery, slippery slope :rolleyes: ;)
Why are you going so stiff at the rear?

And perhaps these might be better/better value than modifying Meyle standard arms?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NigelM
Back