Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 turbo passenger seat problem

mpowerrob

Monza
Hi all the passenger seat in my 996 turbo wont go up or down all other functions work ok, had a look underneath and there's a wire with a electrical type socket loose has this come unplugged from something?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

mpowerrob said:
Hi all the passenger seat in my 996 turbo wont go up or down all other functions work ok, had a look underneath and there's a wire with a electrical type socket loose has this come unplugged from something?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Post up a pic if you can.

It could be the airbag deactivator.

HTH
M

Hi Rob (I'm Ross that you met at JZM), have been here myself as I took my driver seat out a while ago to sort wet carpets caused by a blocked drain hole... What is the colour of the loose connector you can see as under the passenger seat is a spare connector for the baby seat airbag deactivation (as mentioned above)...

There is a large box under the driver's seat with several connectors that go to the seat motors and belt connector but I'm not sure if these also control the passenger seat... I took a picture of mine when I disconnected as there are a few plugs but have since deleted the picture... Here are a few from google search that show the box and wiring, hopefully they may help:

porsche+seat+0121271993629.jpg

porsche+seat+0071271993680.jpg

Seat+Connections+0011272033501.jpg

Cheers
Ross

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V164
Back