Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 turbo not sold

:dont know:

Looks ok to me and is sensibly priced - subject to the owner taking an offer.

I can't believe people haven't been to look at it so perhaps it's not as good in the metal or maybe the owner just won't budge on the price.

Other random thoughts =

The gap in the history between 2009 and 2013 may be putting some people off.

It might need some straight forward but expensive things doing to it - ie. the usual rads, discs/pads and rear tyres.

Perhaps it's just that people aren't prepared to risk not buying from a dealer with premises and getting some sort of decent warranty/come-back.
 
Looks like a good buy !!
 
quattrosteph said:
Looks like a good buy !!

Ostensibly that does look like a good buy. Advert is a bit poo however; it states multi-function steering wheel (which it hasn't got) and goes on to say "No silly exhausts or aftermarket upgrades which put unneeded strain on the engine" :wack:
 
DeathStar said:
quattrosteph said:
Looks like a good buy !!

Ostensibly that does look like a good buy. Advert is a bit poo however; it states multi-function steering wheel (which it hasn't got) and goes on to say "No silly exhausts or aftermarket upgrades which put unneeded strain on the engine" :wack:

Good point.Maybe this guy dont know what he is selling.hence no sell??? :?:
 
993si said:
DeathStar said:
quattrosteph said:
Looks like a good buy !!

Ostensibly that does look like a good buy. Advert is a bit poo however; it states multi-function steering wheel (which it hasn't got) and goes on to say "No silly exhausts or aftermarket upgrades which put unneeded strain on the engine" :wack:

Good point.Maybe this guy dont know what he is selling.hence no sell??? :?:

The advert could be a little better - but if the turbos are in good health (and all ancillary systems) then, less-than-perfect advert aside, it could be a good buy for someone ...
 
I'm willing to be it's not particularly nice. The history looks a bit sketchy to me suggesting it's been run on a shoestring, which could mean there are big bills looming. Plus it reads as though items like top mounts and control arms have been replaced singularly rather than in pairs/sets. Again, you'd only do this if trying to save money since if one side has gone, the other won't be far behind.

And what kind of person writes an advert where every single word begins with a capital letter.........
 
eca02apc said:
I'm willing to be it's not particularly nice. The history looks a bit sketchy to me suggesting it's been run on a shoestring, which could mean there are big bills looming. Plus it reads as though items like top mounts and control arms have been replaced singularly rather than in pairs/sets. Again, you'd only do this if trying to save money since if one side has gone, the other won't be far behind.

And what kind of person writes an advert where every single word begins with a capital letter.........

you guys dont miss much,if it was lhd id go take a look.By the way.Looking for 96tt lhd,black on black.Please let me know if any
coming onto the market.good drink offered without hesitation.Ps.im half Australian so a drink is a drink! :wink:
 
Looks like it is being sold by one of those 'traders' with the largest forecourt in the country - the public highway and side streets!

Every car I've ever been to see on that basis - and I've stopped going because of it - has been an absolute dog. I am amazed at other peoples definition of 'immaculate'.


No need to walk away, don't bother leaving your house.
 
whoareya said:
Looks like it is being sold by one of those 'traders' with the largest forecourt in the country - the public highway and side streets!

Every car I've ever been to see on that basis - and I've stopped going because of it - has been an absolute dog. I am amazed at other peoples definition of 'immaculate'.


No need to walk away, don't bother leaving your house.

+1
 
First thing i see is a spoiler lockout kit (aka broken spoiler mechanism) - this in itself is enough to put me right off, I know its expensive to repair the rams but its such blatent cheapskating, I just a see a possible £1k bill right there and an owner who is more than willing to cut corners
 
shantybeater said:
First thing i see is a spoiler lockout kit (aka broken spoiler mechanism) - this in itself is enough to put me right off, I know its expensive to repair the rams but its such blatent cheapskating, I just a see a possible £1k bill right there and an owner who is more than willing to cut corners

Presume I must be such a b.c. then! My spoiler worked o.k. but gave random dash error messages which became increasingly irritating. I took the disconnection route (which can be done at any height) and left it fully extended which I think suits the car. The turbo spoiler design is known to be a fragile and I see no point in a retracting mode unless it completely withdraws into the bodywork. Your criticism leaves me a broken man........
 
shantybeater said:
First thing i see is a spoiler lockout kit (aka broken spoiler mechanism) - this in itself is enough to put me right off, I know its expensive to repair the rams but its such blatent cheapskating, I just a see a possible £1k bill right there and an owner who is more than willing to cut corners

How do you know it's a "spoiler lockout kit" (or a broken mechanism) from just a photo?! Could it not be simply that the guy extended the spoiler for the sake of the photos??

I got so fed up of the spoiler deploying/retracting that I raised it to a height I liked (about half way between fully down and maximium height) then disconnected the power from the hydraulic motor unit, and popped out the microswitches.

Now looks like a nice, subtle, fixed wing - just what I wanted.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
124,311
Messages
1,444,036
Members
49,439
Latest member
markt13
Back
Top