Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Tiptronic steering wheel wiring

Dairmund

Hi everyone,

I have an automatic 2003 996 Targa. The tiptronic buttons on the steering wheel do not work. I took the steering wheel off and checked all the connections. There is a spare wire that looks broken off but there do not appear to be any connections it should go to.

I've attached a photo, the red/yellow wire at the top is the one I mean. The plug in front of it has two wires connected but room for a third. There are no connectors inside the plug for the third wire. The two wires in the connector go to the tiptronic buttons.

Anyone able to offer any advice? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20230605_171159_265.jpg
    20230605_171159_265.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 322
This is mine on the 996 hard to see but I am 100% sure it isn't connected.

Attachments

• img_1675_201.jpeg
    img_1675_201.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 294
H, when I changed mine to paddle shift I remember there being a spare wire.

You need to test the button as it's one of those that has probably failed.

Good chance to get the paddle upgrade completed 👌

Thanks for the replies both, makes it a lot easier to work things out with other examples.

I'm going to start by double checking the fuses for anything remotely connected with the gearbox.

I didn't realise people were fitting paddle shifters from AMG wheels so I've sourced a pair and I'll give that a go. Found a guide on the forum here - http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=97582

Thanks Berni29 for the info and picture, and Gt3Owl for a potential solution!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andyrhodes70
Back