Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3 Mk2 Search

Craig J

Hello
Like many recently, I am struggling to find a good 996 GT3 Mk2 on the second hand market. Those that I have seen are in poor condition and appear to be hiding various nasties underneath.
I have contacted JZM, 911virgin, etc. and hopefully they will come up with something in time, but I jsut wondered if anyone knew of something that might be off the mainstream radar?
Also, has it been normal for there to be a hole in the market for these cars and with time does the trade fill back up again? I know that the numbers are limited, but it's amazing how few are around at the moment.
Any advice or info appreciated.
Craig

Spring is the buying season, autumn the selling season and the middle of winter is where you tend to get the most for your money. Right now is on or about the point of highest prices and lowest availability, though they could still edge up a bit into summer.

Do what I did, find the car you want and email the owner, you'd be surprised at the result. Some people are on the edge of selling but don't want the hassle etc...

:thumb:

Thanks for the advice chaps. I guess I just need to do some lurking to find out who owns the right car. :thumb:

There are a few out there, but as the other guys said owners are out there who might want to sell, but dont want hassle of advertising on PH / Autotrader.

Also some like me toy with the idea of selling, but then take the car out of a good drive on a sunny weekend and realise why we have the car!

Then the man mathes and say keep it..... :thumb:

Jibberingloon said:
There are a few out there, but as the other guys said owners are out there who might want to sell, but dont want hassle of advertising on PH / Autotrader.

Also some like me toy with the idea of selling, but then take the car out of a good drive on a sunny weekend and realise why we have the car!

Sell yours... to me. :D

We're even in the same county. It's fate. 8)

BillTheButcher said:
Jibberingloon said:

Sell yours... to me. :D

We're even in the same county. It's fate. 8)

So am I!
:lol:

Jibberingloon said:

Thank you for the information Jibberingloon. :thumb:

Just a quick thank you to all who contacted me with help and advice. It was much appreciated. In the end I purchased a car from someone who contacted me through 911uk.
Cheers!

There you go, the best one's never actually come up for sale...

Looking forward to some pictures, when do you pick up?

:thumb:

I have a mint 996.2 GT3 I might part with for the right money

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back