Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3 at Camerons

imac

Trainee
Help to a newbie purchaser. Does anyone know this car? Looks spot on for purchase. I live 400 odd miles away, and don't want to waste a day out to view. Even tho it has had a 111 point check, I'd still have a ppi. Any relevant history would be appreciated.

Also is flat black as opposed to pearlecent basalt a turn off? Does it look drab and "flat".

Have been looking for a few months now at turbo's and GT3's and feel that the later will better give me the drive I want. Not many fresh ones around on the market, and unmolested. RS too hard core for what will mainly be a road car (3-4 trackdays a year).

Cheers

http://www.cameronsportscars.com/cars/porsche/911/(996)gt3mk2comfort/6140/

Looks nice :) . I would say :

Solid Black on a GT3
Basalt Black on a Carrera

My rule of thumb :thumb:

My first GT3 was a flat black 996 and the current one is a Basalt 997. The difference between them is no basis for choosing a used car, though personally - if I am honest I think I prefer the solid rather than the metallic. Neither stay at their best (i.e. clean) for more than a few minutes after cleaning though, so it really is an irrelevance IMHO.

Looks really nice and worth checking out further :thumb:

Looks spot on for the money.

Cheers guys.

Have a succession of black cars, but all pearlescent, and look great when clean. Some models just don't suit a flat black. Agree not a good reason not to buy a car, as black or dark grey/blue are my prefered options.

Thought the spec, miles, work, and preparation were pretty good for the money, hence the hesitation and search for a bit more under the counter history. Don't want stuck with a lemon!

Had a good pm with feedback on Cameron's which is reassuring.

If anyone does know of the car, please let me know.

imac said:
Cheers guys.

Have a succession of black cars, but all pearlescent, and look great when clean. Some models just don't suit a flat black. Agree not a good reason not to buy a car, as black or dark grey/blue are my prefered options.

Thought the spec, miles, work, and preparation were pretty good for the money, hence the hesitation and search for a bit more under the counter history. Don't want stuck with a lemon!

Had a good pm with feedback on Cameron's which is reassuring.

If anyone does know of the car, please let me know.

The non bucket type seats, may be the only drawback, when selling on. Other than that, go for it.
Post on PH, someone on their might know the car. Good Luck

That looks like a good buy. I would jump on it quickly. Cameron seems to sell good cars.

Inspection - you might consider OPC Bristol. They have a good reputation for older cars, and they gave my GT3 a free post inspection AFTER I bought it. Of course I live in the area so they were looking for my ongoing maintenance business.

I am not aware of anything negative, but believe it was owned by someone on PH so worth a post on there.

Ashley

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrmward27
Back