Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT2 / Turbo exhaust systems

BillTheButcher

Montreal
I wasn't sure whether to put this in here or in the 996 section... :?:

I've been watching lots of clips of 996 Turbos and 996 GT2s lately. What's really noticeable about their respective soundtracks is how much more bass there seems to be in the noise the GT2 makes. You still get all the lovely turbo whoosh but it sounds like there's a really nice undercurrent of bass as well.

Is this because of different induction and/or exhaust systems? If so, what are the differences between the two?

Yes totally agree, sounds a lot better than standard,but i thought they were the same exhaust :dont know:

Do you think that one in the clip has got a non-standard exhaust? They seem to sound that good in every clip I've watched. 8)

The GT2 runs bigger turbo's and has more boost vs the Turbo(exc X50/Turbo S). Many run 100/200 cel sports cats and sports exhaust(ie Milltek's)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlb81
Back