Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 face lift

melox

hi to all, i am still in the early stages of buying a 996 cabriolet carrera 4 2001 how would i know if this is the face lift model and what are the differences

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48219

front headlamps are the most obvious difference

old style 996 is the 'critised' boxster single headlamp units and orange indicators at the rear, face lifted cars have the newer 'less boxster' design all clear design with less orange at the front and rear....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48234

Four spoke steering wheel and no glovebox on the pre-facelift models.

Also importantly for a cab the rear screen is glass on the facelift 996's.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48289

ye just checked and it as glass window in softop and clear lenses so would be facelift model offered 29000 for the car with 30000 on the clock ,silver with blue sports leather,alloy trim, 18" wheels manuel box ,hardtop,cd changer psp ,and small body kit trim with spoiler which i am told is a extra , what do you think ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48367

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by melox on 09 March 2006

ye just checked and it as glass window in softop and clear lenses so would be facelift model offered 29000 for the car with 30000 on the clock ,silver with blue sports leather,alloy trim, 18" wheels manuel box ,hardtop,cd changer psp ,and small body kit trim with spoiler which i am told is a extra , what do you think ?
very much doubt its a facelift for that sort of money, the facelift came out on the 51 and onwards and fried egg headlamps all complete units.

There was a facelift on the headlights and side repeaters in 99 also from orange to clear headlights.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48376

Face lift is a 3.6l 320bhp, model before 3.4l 300bhp

The 3.6 is a much better car!

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48377

Previous poster said:

What is the car advertised at? £29K for a facelift cab with 30K miles would be a great deal (unless it has a really dodgy history). Most seem to be about mid 30's.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48379

dont like to sound to grim but the car is part of a estate the guy past away a year ago and its been parked up since it a genuine car just sad circumstances ,i was asked if i wanted to buy it as i know the family have checked the service book and its all ok ,i just think they want it gone ,i have a picture of it but dont know how to post it ,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48402

Previous poster said:

dont like to sound to grim but the car is part of a estate the guy past away a year ago and its been parked up since it a genuine car just sad circumstances ,i was asked if i wanted to buy it as i know the family have checked the service book and its all ok ,i just think they want it gone ,i have a picture of it but dont know how to post it ,
Bite their arm off - I reckon it is at least £10K under what OPC would sell it for!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48407

If its an 01 it is the older model 996, it would have to be a 51 plate and the headlights have no join between the headlight part and the indicator part.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48408

not sure about facelift then i know its 2001 but not 51 plate cannot remember if it as a glove box or 4 spoke wheel sure they said it had a glass window in roof but the hardtops on a moment ,just looked at photo of front lights and they have no join it looks like one unit ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48415

thanks for the links rodders the pictures i have of the car match the spec so it must be a facelift model anyway am going to pick the car up next week all being well ,see how it drives compared with my 81 911 sc :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48432

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by melox on 10 March 2006

thanks for the links rodders the pictures i have of the car match the spec so it must be a facelift model anyway am going to pick the car up next week all being well ,see how it drives compared with my 81 911 sc :D
Enjoy the car. I don't think you will be disapointed.

If it has been siting for that long you will need to use the key to open the door (car will have hibernated). May also want to take a battery charger with you. You will also want to get the oil changed pretty quickly - also get new petrol - as it gets stale when old and won't drive that well on it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48455

29K for a facelift cab ... you lucky b&$tard.

I want a glass rear instead of the stretched pigs bladder I ended up with!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48481

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CS4997Gen1
Back