Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

9934s - can't help but love it

Bieldside

Nurburgring
Took my 9934s up to Cambridge and back today - 180 mile round trip
After 12 years of having the car it still makes me smile as I drive it and walk up to it. Never to be sold that's for sure
996 Turbo S can't match it for pure pleasure
And the GT3 I have a deposit on will fall short too
For me it has everything
There you have it !!

Hi

They are a great all round car that is for sure. I love driving mine. I was sitting in a 911 C2s today and although an impressive machine I preferred being on my 993. Also for me the 993 is fast enough. I do not think I have found a situation on the roads where I was wishing for more oomph. But I am pretty lazy and laid back these days. I do floor the car here and there though and it really takes off when I do.

Berni

I hear what your'e saying. 8)

I have been really busy lately and hadn`t had a chance to drive mine for about two months. So i woke up early on Sunday and headed out the M11 for a drive. Had a great drive for an hour or 2 on the B roads off junction 7 above Harlow.

Had a cracking drive on the B1004 from Bishops Stortford to Ware. Driving through Ware I got some great reflections from the shops and in fact parked up and got out of the car just admire the beauty that is the 993. Fortiunately it was about 6:30am so hardly anyone around as i`m sure I looked a right fool just standing there admiring these fantastic cars. :thumb:

There is a great A road just through Ware and I was able to open the taps a little and really give it some beans.

I saw a polar 993 NB heading northbound (opp directly to me) on the M11 when I was heading home about 8:30am, anyone from here?

Bieldside - If you ever want an early morning drive in that neck of the woods then sing out.

If only it had the good looks of the 964 it would be perfect :D
Great to hear you enjoying the car. After a drive in a 993 and a 997 turbo in Germany I thought the 993 was the 'better' car for the job in terms of driver, or in my case passenger, enjoyment.

MC

MisterCorn said:

MC

MC you're the man :thumb:

Zingari said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

MC you're the man :thumb:

Good looks - with a conk like that :eek: :?: :floor:

It had been some months since I had the 993 out for a long drive - been using the Turbo S to blast up and down

But the Turbo is one dimensional - its fast!

The 993 has personality, character , looks, presence . Not as fast from 0-60 etc but the 993 happily blasts round the M25 with not a murmur

Once the Turbo is back from the bodyshop all sparkly with total front end resspray I might see if I can sell at a sensible price . The mature mistress wins hands down. Can you compare a car to a mistress? Just have!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damos_Cars
Back