Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 turbo - perfection in metal

tim993

Zandvoort
Parked in the drive after the 60-odd miles drive back from GT-One where it's been all this week for its annual service and MOT.

Sometimes the 993 turbo just looks indescribably beautiful...

Really, nothing to report on the service front and a bill less than £800 :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

What is worthy of mention is that the Stop-leak stuff they fed into the a/c last year is still working a treat; lovely cool air in the cabin even when the car registered 39.5c at the village fete after being cooked in the sun all day 8)

The only bad thing is the garage looks awfully empty without the R26.R for company... :sad:

tim

Attachments

• 993_turbo1_911.jpg
    993_turbo1_911.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 3,638
Agreed, absolutely beautiful cars. That looks fantastic.

Very jealous! :sad:

Looking lovely as ever Tim.

You should get that John Rampton chap to do a photo shoot especially some 'on the go' ones like the original Turbo launch pics.... 8)

[quote="tim993

Always the 993 turbo just looks indescribably beautiful...

[/quote

Corrected that for you.

A thing of beauty. I remain insanely jealous of what you have.

Your car looks great. That is my favourite colour for the turbo.

MC

I seem to remember that the press car was that colour when the turbo was introduced..Your car looks splendid. :thumb:

Thanks guys :thumb:

Great pic. Arena turbo 8)

Out of interest, why is a basic service for a turb £800? What extra work goes in over and above an n/a 993 to justify that cost?

tim993 - your car looks stunning! :thumbs:

dommorton - I recognise the name from a certain '6 forum, from around 7 years ago - I had a Rallye :wink:.

It is stunning!

I remember watching Bad Boys 1 with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence waaaaay back when I was a teenager. Will Smith drove a black 993 Turbo in that movie; that car caught and held my attention for the many years that followed. Hence my picture in the AutoSig. I don't own a 993 (997 C2S), but I simply adore that car.

Your picture of the car, in that colour, all I can say is WOW. Oozing character, that is one stunning machine.

911_AS said:
It is stunning!

I remember watching Bad Boys 1 with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence waaaaay back when I was a teenager. Will Smith drove a black 993 Turbo in that movie; that car caught and held my attention for the many years that followed. Hence my picture in the AutoSig. I don't own a 993 (997 C2S), but I simply adore that car.

Your picture of the car, in that colour, all I can say is WOW. Oozing character, that is one stunning machine.

Believe the car driven in Bad Boys was a 964 Turbo (3.6 variant), not a 993 :thumb:.

But you're right, it was stunning. As is the car in the OP . 8)

I stand corrected, 'twas indeed the 964. My youth beliefs often were misguided. :)

tim993 said:
Parked in the drive after the 60-odd miles drive back from GT-One where it's been all this week for its annual service and MOT.

Sometimes the 993 turbo just looks indescribably beautiful...

Really, nothing to report on the service front and a bill less than £800 :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

What is worthy of mention is that the Stop-leak stuff they fed into the a/c last year is still working a treat; lovely cool air in the cabin even when the car registered 39.5c at the village fete after being cooked in the sun all day 8)

The only bad thing is the garage looks awfully empty without the R26.R for company... :sad:

tim

R26R - :whistle:

993 Turbo in Arena Red is my dream car.. that and a 959 were the only cars I had on my bedroom wall.

Look after the 993, I will be after that next :grin:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back