Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 turbo exhaust

jmr461

can any one recomend a upgrade exhaust for my 993 turbo looking for a better sound...

jmr461 said:
can any one recomend a upgrade exhaust for my 993 turbo looking for a better sound...

I have a mate (not on forum) who also would be interested in this information so I to am curious.

Mods... maybe move to 993 section :?:

Depending on location, dropping by Powerspeed in Ashford for a chat would be a good move. They've done a load of cat conversions for guys on here, and rewelded my split muffler. Good eggs, work on some serious machinery, don't charge the earth.

Late reply, but I've had muffler bypass pipes from fabspeed on my car for around 4 years now, they are a cheap mod giving great sound, plus by loosing the silencers you also drop some weight.

here is my car below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLADE_GjHmE

1st post on here, hi everyone.

Hi ,

As mentioned we have worked on a number of Porsche's. We have done 200 cell cat replacements as well as the popular Gundho Hack ( Bypass Mod ).

It's hard to get a better sound out of a 993 turbo - the turbos act as rotary silencers for both the intake and the exhaust helping to blend individual noise pulses into just "noise". So it's easy to get more noise but difficult to get a nice sound. Much easier on a normally aspirated car!

I was recently in a 993 turbo with factory cats and silencers and rather enjoyed it - some of the mechanical noise from the engine came into the cabin.

I've got fister mufflers on my C2 - very much easier to achieve sound improvements than a TT.

Fister does a pretty good version for the turbo...

I have a Tubi exhaust (put on by a previous owner) on mine. Nice noise, not too boomy in the cabin, which is a problem on a long journey!

Paul.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j44k-dv
Back