Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Transmission clunk?

993C2S

Zandvoort
Hi guys. Hope someone can advise on a potential problem? I recently took my manual 993 C2S into central London. Not a nice experience made a worse by an intermittent clunking noise coming from the transmission. This noise would only appear when the clutch had been depressed for say around 15 seconds at traffic lights - upon releasing the clutch I'd get a clunk. Having the clutch depressed for a shorter period of time didn't cause the problem. Clutch is otherwise operating fine - no slip, judder, and feels progressive and weighted normally. Any ideas what could be causing it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 52006

I've read about this on other forums. It may be your clutch on its way out. Not sure, but worth getting checked.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57251

Sure it's not the pedal sticking and then returning the final inch with a thump.

Mine did this until I cleaned and lubricated the pedal box.

Just a thought.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57254

Think the 993 clutch is hydralic, so may be the cylinder, mine was replaced cos of something similar.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57255

Sid Spanner,

In the daytime mild mannered OPC tech

At night

The caped crusader rescuing middle class toffs from their wealth induced problems :wink:

Sid make sure you keep your true identity a secret,

At least till you have made enough friends and take them all with you to your own indie :D

On behalf of the forum

Thanks

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57341

thanks will do . i already have a good customer base around west london

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57360

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by backitoff on 05 May 2006

I've read about this on other forums. It may be your clutch on its way out. Not sure, but worth getting checked.
Thanks for this. I've spoken to Northway about it this week and they reckon it might be the dual mass flywheel on it's way out. It does it so rarely that I'll keep an eye (or ear) on it.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 57375

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back