Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 sporting the 'ducktail' spoiler

ch3tman

Suzuka
Hi all,

This seems to be quite popular in the States - anyone over here contemplated the same setup?
Personally, I think it looks great from some angles but not quite sure from others.... :?

Apparently these guys use to supply them:
http://www.mrs-design.com/shop/product.php?id_product=130

Any excuse for images:

Scooter11251909676.jpg

266689d1206684206-993-widebody-with-duck-tail-pic9.jpg

750314d1375748065-993-ducktail-andy-b.jpg

P10108041226590821.jpg

DSCN1944.jpg

IMG_05791219282486.jpg

IMG_05821219282555.jpg

I personally like the ducktails shown in your pictures. The MRS version in your link does not quite have the same appeal.
Shame they do not have the grill insert and are moulded in.

..some great images there

agree with your point about viewing angles though -- looks awesome from side on, perhaps less so from rear three-quarter ?

Will

What happens at the back of the car at speed? Remember that americans drive everywhere at 25mph.

orangecurry said:
What happens at the back of the car at speed? Remember that americans drive everywhere at 25mph.

Good point - my Cayman was fitted with a ducktail at some point but at high speed the front started to become very light so it was removed.

A ducktail is on my list, with some sort of chin spoiler to hopefully balance the car at pace.

I hate myself for saying this but, I actually quite like this. :wack:
The arena red car looks great even stickered up..
sorry... :coat:

Does water collect in it? It really looks like water would collect in it.

:dont know:

clarkycat said:
Does water collect in it? It really looks like water would collect in it.

:dont know:

if it did, it would be like water off a duck-tail's back :-D groan :-(

How appropriate. A quote from a genius.

"There are holes in the clouds where the rain gets in.
The holes are very small.
That's why rain is thin."

:bye:

I think they look fantastic.

But I worry about the effect on aero at high speed. Lord knows what that would do to the balance of the car!

Anyone willing to hire Williams wind tunnel for a day and get it checked out properly?

mollytherocker said:
I think they look fantastic.

But I worry about the effect on aero at high speed. Lord knows what that would do to the balance of the car!

Anyone willing to hire Williams wind tunnel for a day and get it checked out properly?

Lol are we viewing the same pics :D

Americans should be kept well away from cars particularly Porsches as they just can't help "spoiling" them :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :photoshot: :yuk:

Ducktail spoilers and side lettering only works on one car in my eyes.

Many American owners are desperate to spend their money on anything and everything. They have to keep buying things for their car. Just leave it alone.

Would these still funnel the same amount of air through the engine bay?

I was told the reason the spoiler lifts was both for down force and to catch more air; hence the importance of the curtain/blind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyp
Back