Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Sale, recommendations for my asking price

FWIW this is likely a steal below £60k. Clearly a sorted, straightforward and pure 993 from an enthusiast. Pound for pound beating many a £100k car, IMO.

Trouble is, there aren’t many buyers out there that recognise these value realities. So £45-50k and a giveaway, maintenance wise, for a savvy buyer.

Not sure why this has not sold. AutoAlex was probably at the bottom of the market when he bought his 200kmile example which if I remember correctly was bought for £43k. The last few manual coupes on CollectingCars seem to sell for just over £50k once buyers commission is added so would say you are priced to sell! Sometimes you just have to be patient.
Last year when I was looking for either 964/993 I was watching cars closely and a lot of 993's were on the market for a long time! I wondered if some were removed from the market eventually and not sold!

Thanks for your input. I've had several email enquiries and a few telephone conversations but no one has yet followed up. I was hoping to find a buyer through 911uk or PCGB for a stress-free sale. I'm in no rush to sell but I'll probably advertise on Collecting Cars in a week or so.
Alex

I’ve sold several cars (Lotus / Morgan / Porsche) in the £60-90k range, and have always gone SOR with a dealer / Indy, it means the buyer gets the benefit of a warranty which takes some of the risk out of what is a major purchase, costs were typically circa £3k, but they always achieved more than I would have selling privately, and I didn’t have to entertain any tyre kickers.

I recently sold a 60’s merc. In the family for years.
I used Bonhams online. Hassle free, and no fees. I’d use them again if ever decide to sell my 993 although very unlikely.

Plate is perfect to be sold through GMund 👌 (a joke)

I wish I had the spare cash, should never have married a foreigner who wants to build a house back 'home' 😂

I recently sold a 60’s merc. In the family for years.
I used Bonhams online. Hassle free, and no fees. I’d use them again if ever decide to sell my 993 although very unlikely.
I recently bought my 996 Targa through Bonhams online. Experience was excellent. Have previously tried to buy through Collecting Cars and it couldn’t have been more different. They were money grabbing dicks.

I recently bought my 996 Targa through Bonhams online. Experience was excellent. Have previously tried to buy through Collecting Cars and it couldn’t have been more different. They were money grabbing dicks.
👌. Btw that was me that posted that above, strangely logged me into a very old account.

The car I sold was a 1966 w112, great experience with them.
Also recently bought a little classic mini auto from them.
The only downside to Bonhams is that it’s dangerously addictive, that blue tr6 is seriously tempting 😀

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZACal
Back