Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 rear spoiler

David Wyatt

Help please..

Has anyone ever had a problem with a 993 rear spoiler staying up? I have had an intermittent fault for last couple of months but now it stuck in up positon! I have checked fuse etc but not had any luck.

Any idea's

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73821

Happened to mine. It was the little micro-switch sticking in the spoiler, and bet yours is the same.

If you look under the spoiler on the left hand side, there is a semi-circular plastic cover held on by 2 or 3 screws. If you take that cover off, you'll see that there are two little switches that stop the spoiler at each end of its travel. On mine, the rear most one had stuck in, which stopped the spoiler lowering, as on yours. I just sprayed a little wd40 on it, and pressed it in and out a few times, and since that it works perfectly. With luck yours is the same simple fix?

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73932

Will,

Tried your fix last night and now works fine. Thanks for the advice.

Dave

Migration info. Legacy thread was 73998

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsl997
Back