Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Power upgrades

Alex H

Have been looking on the JZ Machtec site at their power upgrades for the 993 (varioram), sports exhaust / filter, and motronic box for an increase of 25 bhp.

Has anyone had this, or similar, done to their 993 and if so does it provide a noticeable increase in performance over a standard car?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7992

How boring is work today.
Paint drying?
Kate Price yakking
etc etc.

BOr or ring

I've resorted to dragging up a thread from 2003.
There a skellington over a pc waiting somewhere for a reply.
His 993's still rock solid tho.

So, in some kind of homage [omm-ar-sher] to the tuneability of the 993, who's got an answer ?

The 3.8 engine upgrade was 10 grande from the factory.

Bored? :D Upgrades? Take a look at THIS, detail work is stunning!

Zuffs, that car is CRAZY!!!, huge use of carbon fibre, love the rear swing arms but WTF is with that interior :eek:

However agree the quality is there, seems wierd though installing all those performance parts onto a Tip :dont know:

Trev

Cameltoe & Heel said:
WTF is with that interior :eek:

Trev

:D :D Have to agree there Trev, attention to detail is stunning but interior design is somewhat lacking, :grin: but boy would I love to have access to some of that gear without re-mortgaging the house.

Zuffenhausen :O) said:
Bored? :D Upgrades? Take a look at THIS, detail work is stunning!

:eek: Can you even begin to estimate how much all that carbon cost???

Regards to the OP, I took my car to JZM a year or so ago.
Steve Mchale was basically telling me that trying to get power from a 993
was a waste of time :eek:

3.8 conversion, cup cams, RS inlet stubs, chip, etc etc & I might be lucky
& see 315hp!!! :eh!:
Not bad for a bill of 11k !!

I am thinking of taking a trip up to see Wayne Schofield, Sheffield way, who does very good things with the 993 engine, especailly the non-varioram version....sorry....can't give you figures but I have heard it gives more grunt above 4K revs and suprislingly better fuel economy. He has a very good reputation and it doesn't cost the earth......got to be worth a punt.

madalaa said:
I am thinking of taking a trip up to see Wayne Schofield, Sheffield way, who does very good things with the 993 engine, especailly the non-varioram version....sorry....can't give you figures but I have heard it gives more grunt above 4K revs and suprislingly better fuel economy. He has a very good reputation and it doesn't cost the earth......got to be worth a punt.

Word of advise, don't forget dyno figures before & after :thumb:

......I am pretty sure he does that as in par for the course.....I have heard he spends a good few hours on ones car...I have only ever heard good reports.....

I would be interested in doing the chip later this year. Before June would be nice.

ldt said:
madalaa said:

Here are mine:

WS_993_remap_r42_01.jpg

WS_993_remap_r42_02.jpg

WS_993_remap_r43_01.jpg

FYI, the last one was adding the K&N filter.

A trip to Wayne is well worth it in my view.

stuttgartmetal said:
How boring is work today.
Paint drying?
Kate Price yakking
etc etc.

BOr or ring

I've resorted to dragging up a thread from 2003.
There a skellington over a pc waiting somewhere for a reply.
His 993's still rock solid tho.

So, in some kind of homage [omm-ar-sher] to the tuneability of the 993, who's got an answer ?

The 3.8 engine upgrade was 10 grande from the factory.

Your bored all I done today was change my Merc Sprinters pads all round and front discs. Parts ECParts £120 2 hours total. Merc Main Dealer wanted wait for it..........£653.30 incl VAT Bless them!! they must be rushed off their feet.

Tertius said:
ldt said:
madalaa said:

Here are mine:

WS_993_remap_r42_01.jpg

WS_993_remap_r42_02.jpg

WS_993_remap_r43_01.jpg

FYI, the last one was adding the K&N filter.

A trip to Wayne is well worth it in my view.

So you must really notice mid-range torque??? Plus throttle responce???

Rallyeman said:
I would be interested in doing the chip later this year. Before June would be nice.

It's not a chip mate, it's your existing one that gets manipulated :D

ldt said:
Rallyeman said:

It's not a chip mate, it's your existing one that gets manipulated :D
Very true, I have been calling it a chip for the last 20 years, since the R5 and GTRiR,GTi days!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back